KR2/KR2S

kfowler

Are there any flyers out there that are building or flying a kr2 or kr2s i would like to find out where to buy the timber and what type of timber they are using any help would be good thank you.

On a recent trip to Loxton, I spotted this KR2. I know he bought it as a going concern but I'm sure he'd pass on the builder to you.

The rego number is clearly visible, hopefully a quick phone call to the RA_Aus people will net you a name....

Or

Hi Phil..... pduthoit.... do you remember who owns this one??

Regards

Phil

kr2.jpg.ff0f1654e3954611f6e318dfde3bcdee.jpg

• Informative 1

KFowler, try this site http://www.kr-2s.com/index.html Darren has machined his own but the sources may work. I currently have a boat stage KR2s in my shed but I bought it that way. I can supply other contacts but would rather do this via personal eMail as I can not vouch for them as yet. If so try me on Chris.HirdATBigpond.com

Hi Flyer Phil,

Just back from Cunnins air show, brilliant!!!

The KR2 is owned by Graham Strout at Renmark. His contact phones are; 0885953495

0428953495 emai; [email protected] He will be very helpful for info as he has done a fair bit of re-building since purchasing.

Hope this will help to KFOWLER.

Cheers,

Phil.

• 4 months later...
Guest Wingman98

KFowler, I am building a KR2S over here in WA. I have got the fuse just about finished and the spars are nearly done. I have to get some more plywood to finish the forward outer spars, but it is getting hard to find the Finnish birch I had used on the rest of the plane. I am hoping to find some mahogany so I can get it finished. I am putting a Jabiru 85 hp in mine, and it will have a nosewheel rather than tailwheel. All in all, it is a pretty nice aircraft to build. I have deviated from the plan is so much as I have set up some simple jigs to set the parts out and it makes for a much more accurate setup when you put the aircraft together. I also have a lot of pics.

Wade.