Jillian

Jillian

Hi Guys, What a fantastic web-site. I have always had a passion for the avaition industry, so thought with everyone else at home leaving the nest ,I might learn to fly. what an amazing experience, while I have a long way to go, I have been bitten by this fascinating desire to achieve what I can. Lets hope for some very understanding instructors.

Guest Decca

Hi Jillian. Welcome to the forums. There is lots to learn in your new found recreation, & a perfect opportunity now that your flock has fled. It won't be long before I'm back into flying training also, & can't wait for solo day & pilot certificate. I have challenged others to be the first to pilot certificate before me but that's probably unfair if only because it is not a race to be first.

I wish you well in your recreational flying & that you get increasing enjoyment from it.

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Regards, Decca.

Tassy.

Hello Jillian,

Welcome,I bet it`s getting cold down there,my wife and I were in Tasmania a couple of weeks ago,we loved it,was very dry though,just getting some rain as we left,it should have greened up a bit by now.

We live 45ks south of Cairns QLD and believe it or not we`ve had over 3 meters of rain since Christmas.

Back to flying,I hope you have a great experience and if you get a chance have a fly in a Drifter.

Cheers,

farri. 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif :rotary:

Guest TOSGcentral

G'Day Jillian,

Do not listen to Farri - he is biased!!! Granted the Drifter is a unique experience - it is one of the few aircraft where you are that exposed that you need a freezer suit to combat the airflow chill, but at the same time get fried by the sun!

On the other hand I am totally unbiased and impartial (just ask my mum!). The only thing you need is a Thruster! Not only will this type equip you for anything but you get to sit beside your instructor so can hold hands as well!

Levity and banter aside - welcome aboard and best wishes with your training.

Aye

Tony

Drifter,Fun??????????

TOSGcentral,

Tony you are absolutely correct in all you say about the Drifter.

When I was taking students on a cross country,up to the Atherton Tablelands, in winter,my face would get so stiff I could hardly keep briefing and it`s teribaly hard for me to stop talking,had to wear face protection in the end.

I flew in the Thruster years ago with Pat Mcgrath,whom I`m sure you know,when he was teaching in one,I didn`t mind it at all.

It appears to me everyone wants to go faster these days,be it on the road or in the air,we need to slow down a bit and enjoy more.

I`m semi retired now and if things go to plan, in the near future, I may have one of those, shiny,no bugs or wind in the hair,minimum clothing required, maximum creature comfort,things called Recreational Aeroplanes,don`t know how I`m going to go slow though,what`s the secret. question.gif.c2f6860684cbd9834a97934921df4bcb.gif I`ll never stop flying the Drifter however.

One of the first things I flew, was,what I called, a Garden Chair with a wing and a tail on it and something that resembled a motor,had a lot of fun though.

Drifters,Thrusters and all of those primitave flying machines,for ever.:thumb_up::thumb_up::thumb_up:

farri. 114_ban_me_please.gif.0d7635a5d304fa7bdaef6367a02d1a75.gif