Brolga Propeller Help

Guest aircraft1

Guest aircraft1

Does anyone know how to contact Dave Fredricks of Brolga Propeller fame ? All the numbers i have listed on the propeller dont get through to him. One person said they thought he had moved to Dalby ? Whitepages dont have a listing for him or Aerofibre industries/Brolga. Any ideas of a valid contact please. Thanks

Guest TOSGcentral

This is the drum as far as I know it as I was in contact with Dave a few months ago fielding an enquiry I got in from UK about Brolgas.

I have dealt with Dave for many years both through my own school and TOSG so was/am on good terms with him. He told me some time ago that he was selling Aerofibre as he had had long enough and had other things that he wanted to move on to.

He stated that he had a firm buyer for the business, would be handing over and moving to Kingaroy.

When I tried to contact the business over the enquiry mentioned above my email went unanswered. Then to my surprise Dave responded. He had moved to Kingaroy but something must have gone wrong with the business sale.

From what I could see the Beerwah address was defunct as was the phone and the email rapidly going the same way. But Dave gave no indication that the Brolga would be going out of production.

Now I have cause to speak to Dave again as I need a couple of props. I will begin chasing this next week, find out what the actual story is and post back here again - hopefully with workable contacts.

I believe it to be essential that these props continue to be manufactured.

Aye

Tony

Guest aircraft1

Thank you for your prompt reply Tonyif you manage to find out something can you please let me know because I want to use the propeller on the Hanuman aircraft I am purchasing. It is my first choice because I have seen many others with over a thousand hours on the propeller and still going strong. It does worry me however with many of the new propeller is often costing two were three times more that they seem to be getting damaged to easily and require repair with as little as 100 or 200 hours. The Brolga is an ugly propeller compared to some of the new offerings but it seems to go forever. Thank you

Aircraft1,

Can`t help with contact,can say, I ordered a Brolga prop through Wayne Fisher,last September, after several yes and no, two weeks ago I was told, sorry won`t make anymore maybe someone will take on the factory in the future.

Gave it up as a bad joke and ordered an Ivo from America $640 Australian,delivered to me,same prop from Wade Air, $890+$45 freight.

Check out,on the net, U-Fly-Ultralights,LTD. email, [email protected]

farri

Clear Prop has just become an agent for Ivo - so Clear Prop can supply any of their products at the same US price - which as you have seen is way cheaper then Wade Air

I know Frank but I hope it helps others - the problem I have with all the overseas supplies is that the Clear Prop software has to have a massive amount of code modifications to support the US pricing hence why I haven't been able to put the overseas products into the shop yet. If they go in they are in Aussie Dollars which will change every day based on the exchange rate as it is the US price in US Dollars that you pay

I really want to get this site finished, to at least a point of completion before I work on the shop - Recreational Flying is the top priority

Guest TOSGcentral

I had a reply from Dave awaiting me when I got in from flying this morning.

It is all good news. The Brolga part of Aerofibre has now definitely been sold. The new owner (a reliable and already involved person in rec flying) will be coming to Qld at the end of the month for some manufacturing training and then relocating everything to Bendigo.

New Brolgas will then be available shortly thereafter.

//Breathes a big sigh of relief - thought I would have to get an engineering order for the Thrusters for a different prop.

Tony

Brolga Props.

I`ve had two,4 blade Brolga props over the years,I went to the Ivo simply because I couldn`t get the Brolga,the Brolga is a good prop.

The bolts on the Brolga need to be torqued at the required time intervals or it will work loose.

If any white powder is coming from between the hubs it is an indication that the hubs are working loose and the bolts need to be re-torqued imediatly,it may be too late though and the prop may need to be replaced.

Frank. :rotary:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aircraft1

OK, Dave Barton from Cummings Spinner fame has purchased Brolga and will have it up and running in about 4 weeks