Airspace software

Guest Redair

Guest Redair

Greetings each, well my search has moved from aircraft to GPS, and now I have a question for all those who are in the know, in this area. So, how or where would I go about getting airspace/air navigation software for my Garmin 76? At the moment it has Blue Chart software installed, but I am hoping to take it out of the boat and use it in the aircraft. Is this even possible? Or, am I better off leaving it in the boat, and getting something like the Garmin 196 or 296?

Your thoughts would be most welcome.

Regards, Redair.

Red,

Lash out on a 196 or 296. They're produced as an aviation application and are widely in use. For $35 you can download Jepps updates (monthly if you're keen) and have basic ERSA at the touch of a button as well.

You might be able to adapt the 76, but it appears to be a marine application only, where as a 296 can do all three main GPS applications with the appropriate add ons.

Guest Redair

Thanks.... looks like another toy to add to my wish list! Must admit, the screen on the 76 is a bit on the small side. Might as well get the right kit for the job.

Redair.