G'day

Guest bigblockford545

Guest bigblockford545

Hi,

I've not long started flying 3 axis (jaby) down at Point Cook. Only got up about 5 hours or so at the moment, did stalls today, bit of a non event really. I was expecting to reacquaint myself with breakfast:thumb_up: Spiral dives are unfortunately no longer part of the syllabus. To many people spiraling into the ground apparently.

Looking forward to the first solo.

have fun

Simon

Hey Simon:welcome:

Same, did the stalls lesson in a J230 on Friday, thought I might need brown undies before we did it, but was so gentle , bit disapponted actually;) S'pose the idea is to recognise the stall before its fully developed and be able to recover...anyway also looking fwd to finishing the training, aiming for about two hours a week - loving it, finding it hard to concentrate on work...

Guest aircraft1

Just out of interest are you training for your stalls with power off or full power ?? I was taught power off but its much more adventagous learing with full power because thats the most likely time you will stall trying to clear the trees or showing off etc....

Guest bigblockford545

Power at idle unfortunatley, my intructor said the next time I go up with the senior instuctor I should as him to do power stalls, and get ready for the nose over. The little Jaby LSA I was flying was very reluctant to nose over even after five seconds or so of the stall warning indicator squeeling its head off, though we were still loosing height like it was going out of fashion.

Have fun

Simon