Powermate Regulator

I am looking for some advice regarding the fitment of a powermate regulator to the Jabiru Gen 4 engine.

I have the latest version of the Kubota Reg fitted which does not utilise a sense wire and the red output of the reg is connected directly to the Battery. (via a relay)

The wiring diagram for the Powermate Reg (attached) shows the output wire attached to the main bus, therefore not a direct connection to the battery.

1. Will a direct connection to the battery be a problem with any parasitic draw from the Powermate regulator when not running?

2. The wiring diagram shows an LED of greater than 70mA required, or a current limiting resistor, what size resistor would be needed for a 20nA led? 

Mike

Powermate Wiring.jpg

A Red 1.8V LED  will typically have a maximum continuous current of 30mA. for a 12V system, and IF 12V gets switched across it, for 20mA (recommended)  this will need a resistor of  (12-1.8) / 0.02
510 ohms. Use a 470 ohm or 680 ohm. 

I dont know about the parasitic draw. 

Note the diagram shows the charger connected  via the master switch.  

Edited by RFguy

Thanks Glen, 

Yes the diagram showing the connection via main bus had me worried there was a reason that was not immediately obvious. The relay I have fitted is wired so that it will disconnect charging when madter is off, so would do pretty much the same thing, unless I am missing something.

Mike

• Like 1