Im new at this

Guest macca15

Guest macca15

Gidday Everyone

I have just joined the forum, I am 43 years old live in Kilmore Victoria. I want to learn to fly somewhere near me. Can anyone tell me what you do to get started, how you pick who and what organisation to learn with, and what sort of prepartion should I do.

What does it cost etc

Thanks

Ian

hi macca check out nathan at wallan he is closes to you

preparation needed nill go for tif trial instructionanal flight then you are hooked

cost are up to your abilty to get the feel of the air craft probility 4500 to 5500 and how egar you are everone is diferent

word of mouth is the best gauge of the ability of instructors you may get along with one instructor that i do not get along with

in my learning days i was lucky enough to have four instructors each one was diferant in their instructions and the way that thay presented problems to me and the way that they answered my questions

get along and do your tif neil

Macca15.

Welcome Ian,

To get started the best thing to do would be to contact "Recreational Aviation Australia", The (RAA) for short they will give you all the information you require.

Once you have all the information you need it is most important that you choose a school and an instructor who best meets your needs,the closest school is not necessarily the best for you.

The preparation you can do is to obtain a good book on "Basic Aeronauticle Knowledge"and start learning,it will assist you greatly when you begin your flying and you will need to know the subject matter to pass the exam required before obtaining your pilot certificate.

Other than RAA membership cost,the cost of training will vary,depending on the school you choose.

The RAA Contact is.

Head Office,

Unit 3,

1 Pirie Street,

Fyshwick ACT 2609,

Ph 0262804700

email, [email protected]

All the best to you and I hope become a Recreational pilot.

farri.

Guest macca15
hi macca check out nathan at wallan he is closes to youpreparation needed nill go for tif trial instructionanal flight then you are hooked

cost are up to your abilty to get the feel of the air craft probility 4500 to 5500 and how egar you are everone is diferent

word of mouth is the best gauge of the ability of instructors you may get along with one instructor that i do not get along with

in my learning days i was lucky enough to have four instructors each one was diferant in their instructions and the way that thay presented problems to me and the way that they answered my questions

get along and do your tif neil

Cheers Neil, thanks for that

Ian

Guest macca15
Macca15.Welcome Ian,

To get started the best thing to do would be to contact "Recreational Aviation Australia", The (RAA) for short they will give you all the information you require.

Once you have all the information you need it is most important that you choose a school and an instructor who best meets your needs,the closest school is not necessarily the best for you.

The preparation you can do is to obtain a good book on "Basic Aeronauticle Knowledge"and start learning,it will assist you greatly when you begin your flying and you will need to know the subject matter to pass the exam required before obtaining your pilot certificate.

Other than RAA membership cost,the cost of training will vary,depending on the school you choose.

The RAA Contact is.

Head Office,

Unit 3,

1 Pirie Street,

Fyshwick ACT 2609,

Ph 0262804700

email, [email protected]

All the best to you and I hope become a Recreational pilot.

farri.

Thanks very much Farri, I will make contact with them, Cheers

Ian