Advice Wanted

Guest keiran ryan

Guest keiran ryan

I am wanting some comments about the Czech built Sports Cruiser. I am considering organising a test flight but would welcome comments from anybody who has flown one.

Happy flying:laugh:

Go for it! Nice looking 'plane and I didn't find any adverse comments or negative info about them while researching.

I was very interested in the aircraft, but the Aus importer never replied to any requests for info until well after we'd taken delivery of the Sportstar.

Now if you want a Sportstar and fairly quickly, Mick on these forums has a nice one that is for sale and Peter Harlow has a well kitted out demonstrator available for sale.

Cheers,

Steven B.

I know its not a sportstar or sports cruiser but have you considered the flysynthesis Texan ? Sweet handling plane..

Jump over the pond to Tooradin and check out the one on line (which is also for sale)

Regards

Phil

Guest keiran ryan
Go for it! Nice looking 'plane and I didn't find any adverse comments or negative info about them while researching.I was very interested in the aircraft, but the Aus importer never replied to any requests for info until well after we'd taken delivery of the Sportstar.

Now if you want a Sportstar and fairly quickly, Mick on these forums has a nice one that is for sale and Peter Harlow has a well kitted out demonstrator available for sale.

Cheers,

Steven B.

Thanks for that. Have spoken to Peter and it would seem to be a tough call to decide between the Sportstar and Sports Cruiser. Peter is also a nice guy to deal with and like you it seems hard to get a response from the other distributer.

K

Guest keiran ryan
I know its not a sportstar or sports cruiser but have you considered the flysynthesis Texan ? Sweet handling plane..Jump over the pond to Tooradin and check out the one on line (which is also for sale)

Regards

Phil

Thanks Phil. I have flown the Texan and it is a delight. My investment has to be in a "tinnie" as it will have to live outside for a while!

Guest aircraft1

The best way is to sit in one and go flying, pack it to MTOW and pick an 'ordinary' day to really see how it handles. Get onto the net and find a support site and ask owners lots of questions, privately email them for real comments, good and bad. Finally it has to suit YOUR needs, having said all that they are a new plane and there is probably nat a pool of experience on them at the moment with most being delivered having only a few hours. Cheers

(moderated - reason:language, Ian)

My investment has to be in a "tinnie" as it will have to live outside for a while!

24-4010 comes complete with a full set of covers. I have never taken them out of their bags as 4010 has always been hangared.

Cheers

Mick

• 5 months later...

I was reading a review of the sportcruiser in a UK pilot magazine. I've seen a few of the NZ ones and they look great, a very big aircraft with lots of storage. I have some issues with the specs on them however.

The NZ agent lists the empty weight as 307kg, the manufacturer lists the empty weight as 330kg but the review said that with all the usual ad-ons the weight was 350kg before BRS (17kg) and a few other options. The 350kg was also without the constant speed prop.

Fuel capacity is 117 litres (78kg)

So 544kg less 350kg less 78kg leaves only 116kg for occupants and luggage inder NZ microlight rules and even under the LSA rules when they come in 172kg.

It would seem the aircraft is being flown illegally much of the time.

Mick has one for sale. I've seen it and its in nice shape. Worth a look in you are looking around for one.Adam

Our Sportstar 24-4010 sold a couple of months ago. It now lives at Warnambool Vic.

Cheers

Guest becky1

Sportcruiser

Hi Everyone,

Please be rest assured that this is not an advertisement for our companies product as I am very aware of the Forums rules on this but an attempt to respond to some of the earlier posts which I must admit I didn't see to now even though I am a very keen subscriber to the forum.

I am the demo pilot of the Sportcruiser and also one of the salespeople,I was disappointed to hear that some of you may of had difficuilty in contacting us as I am personally very eager to answer all enquiries as soon as we receive them so I am not sure what may have happened there.

Since Oct. of last year when the cruiser first arrived in Australia we have been fortunate to have five now flying in different parts of the country with two more due to arrive shortly one of which has already been sold

We have an aircraft available at YGYM for demos and we usually recommend rather than sending out printed material to look at our companies Website which has photos Specs and prices,so please feel free to private message me so I can pass on details and amend any of the contact problems you may of had as mentioned earlier.

Jennifer