Rotax 503 Parts

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum

I'm looking at buying a Rotax 503 powered ultralight that comes with a spare engine as well. Since they are discontinued I was just wondering, are parts still available to rebuild these engines? Also, the seller said the spare engine is an early model 503. Are all the parts compatible, or do the early model engines need different parts?

Any info about this would be much appreciated 👍

Cheers,

Jackson

Piston and ring kit is available from an Aussie ebay seller. Nearly all parts are available from the USA, mate recently bought ignition coils for a 377. If your 503 starts and makes good power I would not think about rebuilding, they will last a long time if jetted correctly. Is it single or dual ignition,  what type of ultralight? 

1 hour ago, Thruster88 said:

Piston and ring kit is available from an Aussie ebay seller. Nearly all parts are available from the USA, mate recently bought ignition coils for a 377. If your 503 starts and makes good power I would not think about rebuilding, they will last a long time if jetted correctly. Is it single or dual ignition,  what type of ultralight? 

Awesome, thanks! Good to know, just checking mainly for the spare one that has been in storage for ages. Not sure on the ignition, will ask tomorrow when I go check it out in person. The ultralight is a homebuilt Spectrum Beaver style aircraft.