Kanardia Nesis iii mapping

Any experience out there with Kanardia Nesis iii generally,  and their Australian mapping capability ?

The Nesis iii looks like a sound and sharply priced unit, particularly if you live in Europe, but I’m a little unsure of local support in Oz. I’m particularly interested in the local mapping capability, how often it is updated, is it equivalent to VTC, VNC and WACs, if so, is the transition from one to the other seamless, and ultimately  how this mapping compares to the market leaders of Garmin and Dynon ? 
Thanks !

OK, maybe I'll re-phrase the query......

Has anyone got any experience at all, good or bad, with Kanardia avionics in general ?......and in particular, experience with local support of their offering in Australia ? - I haven't found a local agent.

Thx.

Hi CC,

yes, some years ago I imported a Kanardia "Horis" PFD for my Skyranger direct from their factory in Slovenia.

(At the time, they were the only ones offering such things in the 80mm round format.)

I found them great to deal with; quick to respond, savvy and honest.

And I've been very happy with the device.

image.thumb.jpeg.0b83c2d6d9e05780af2df5a0c7b88c92.jpeg

• Informative 1

4 hours ago, Carbon Canary said:

Garfly,

Many thanks for the feedback !

I'm considering a full panel so want to get the decision right.

CC

Yes, the whole local aviation mapping integration (or lack thereof) is something else again.

I have a Kanardia altimeter, again factory direct from Slovenia. Happy with their service, although my plane has not yet flown so all I can say it that it seems to work on on the ground when adjusting for qnh 😄

Edited by danny_galaga