BBQ at Goulburn - 3rd of May

68volksy

:big_grin:

Howdy everyone,

Doesn't seem like it's been a month but my calendar says otherwise!

An invitation to all and sundry for the BBQ lunch this Sunday. Looks to be another fine day indeed so if you're itching for a destination for that Saturday adventure look to Goulburn.

Cheers,

Tim.

Damn i'm hopeless with these things!! Yes it is Saturday. I think last month I was telling everyone it was on the 4th which was a friday!

The BBQ is on Saturday!

It was a very quick wind-up last Saturday. The Tong Master runs a very efficient BBQ so if you want a hot sausage it's ready at 12.30pm precisely. I personally heard about half a dozen people lament the lack of planes available for a fly on such a beautiful day. Can't change this overnight though. The Flying schools planes were booked solid from sunup to sundown...

As for the meeting - one of the main hurdles with running a club of any size is finding enough members who would actually spend a little time investing in sharing their passion. It's simply a matter of "I pay my fee I expect services" with too many people. The "Community" organisations that used to play such a huge part in peoples lives are slowly dying in my opinion.

That said, there's a very small nucleus of 4-5 people in the Southern Highlands Aero Club who give a great deal of time and a further dozen or so who contribute when they can. We've got members from Bathurst, Canberra, Wollongong with only a few of us actually in Goulburn so organising meetings can be difficult!

That's my monday morning rant anyway. Hope everyone had a great weekend - I certainly did!

Sorry I could not make it in the end. Was hoping to be able to drop in at the airport on my way through but had to get down to our place to catch a lift to Tumut that afternoon. Had a Beautiful flight from Tumut to Neriga on Sunday morning though, ferrying a mates trike back to his place. He just got his license and does not have his XC endorsement yet.

See you at the June BBQ. . .

Cheers,

Glen