Thruster T100 to Live Again - Help Invited

Guest TOSGcentral

Guest TOSGcentral

Hi Sportsfans,

After several years of gleaning information and the surviving parts of the only Thruster T100 built, I have decided to progress the project and the aircraft will be recreated again and fly.

I need some assistance if anyone can help please and these could be off any 95.25 Thruster.

• I need a full set (4) of lift strut to wing connector plugs.

• I need a full set (2) of the inboard wrapped s/s fitting that connects the two lift struts each side.

• Most importantly I need photographs of the T100 – especially close ups or any detail shots – I have a few but I need as many as I can get.

• I also need even reminiscences of anyone who saw the aircraft or was involved with it in any way.

This is actually a difficult one but to make it easier the following information will help. The T100 was built in 1990 and was not long in the public eye. It made it’s debut at the Holbrook 1990 Nat Fly and then nearly vanished. I have tracked its subsequent history and have the surviving parts because it was cannibalised.

It is the Holbrook event where most available photos may still come from – but there may well be others and probably are.

This to most readers will be ‘quirky’ and of not much import. But this aircraft would have been a milestone as it was an attempt to provide a simple single seater that you could buy and fly away legally – with a huge weight carrying capacity.

Sure the Sapphire and Vampire made it into 95.25 but they were a lot more complex and demanding. The T100 was intended for anyone at (at the time) an intended $10,000 purchase price.

The machine was a very significant part of our ultralight heritatge – please help me if you can.

Click on the image below to enlarge so you can see what it was . Some of you may remember it.

Guest TOSGcentral

Thank you Daniel,

I am very well aware of where the wings are - I discovered them and have been keeping close track on them until I could afford to obtain them.

Equallly I have the tail unit (which is a bit different) and the rest of the machine will not be too difficult.

However I want this to be as accurate as possible - a full restoration not just a look-alike. Hence why photos and comments are so important.

Thanks for input mate

On other things the only really big one is the pod. This seems to be a Javelin Pod, but not quite. I heard that the pod went to Victoria. I may have to build another as Gawd knows where the original went and the person who has/had it probably did not know what they had got.

Aye

Tony

T100 bits 'n pieces

Greetings Tony

I believe I have both the lift strut plugs and the s/s inboard fittings that you're hunting and you are welcome to them. Am away to Bindoon at sparrows fart in the morning so will confirm inventory with you on Monday AM.

cheers Riley

Guest TOSGcentral

Many thanks Riley - look forward to hearing from you, that will be a big help.

Tony

Lift strut upper end plugs & SS lwr strut joiner brackets

Tony

If you confirm that dozens of them didn't show up at Watts over the weekend, I'll pop these into the mail today. Cheers,

Riley

Guest TOSGcentral

Many thanks Riley,

|

| Nope! You were the only offer and I will be very grateful for them.

|

| Let me know what I owe you for them please.

|

| Aye

|

| Tony

Owe?

Maybe a cold beer some day. Did those bushes & tail feather formers get underway?

cheers Riley

Guest TOSGcentral

Yup - in the post today. Had a bit of a hang up and had to have them re-engineered. Tried one out in a surplus boom and they work real tight. Take note you have to hammer them in using a flat wooden block as a foil.

The formers were no problem Lois has a few sets on the shelf.

I seem to remember that you declined a cold beer the last time you visited - on the other hand I cannot remember if I offered:laugh:

Aye

Tony

Guest TOSGcentral

Muchos Thanks Mate! Bob the gear arrived in the post today and is terrific. I think I owe you more than a cold beer or six!

They all go in the T100 box and is another step forward to making her live again.

Many thanks again

Aye

Tony