Savannah VG Build question - Vertical cage/tube covers

kbstone

I'm working on finishing up the forward cabin and am somewhat confused with the parts that I have verses what is shown in the VG build manual.  I'm guessing I have older parts than what my build manual is showing.  I've spent time reviewing other builds to see how these parts go around the vertical tubes.  I won't install them until I install the windscreen (after paint) but want to sort out the parts now.  Here are a few pictures from the build manual and the parts manual.  The p/n's are SF029-16 and SF029-15.  Many of my parts have been primed and the part numbers are gone thus the guessing game.  I've also posted pictures of what I have and how I think they go together (based on the holes lining up) but I'm still not clear how this captures that windscreen and attached to the vertical.  Any pictures you have of a similar vintage would be helpful.

image.thumb.png.ffbee31fcca910e8253d668029a6e39b.pngimage.thumb.png.606894dea40b30208548139a5211b554.png

image.thumb.jpeg.95292f1c9d304053bd09b73592ee16a8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.421f31240a7927812a4a9584e71bd59b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c55a5454b69992e4e524f793c59d2b76.jpeg

E7AD77B5-7513-4F9A-ABD2-5F3DAD16F6E3_1_201_a.heic

Kbstone, nice looking build!

While mine is an S, the Drawing 14 you have posted above appears to be exactly the same as for the S, where the profile of the 2 sections are as shown (though my part numbers are different):

The outer part (your SF029-15) is an uneven channel with the long side turned in to meet the outer screen.

The inner part (your SF029-16) is an oblique L section, turned in to meet the inner screen.

Neither of the sections in your pics look like those, so I would suggest that either Drawing 14 for your build is not correct, or you have pulled the wrong parts?

Gidday Kbstone.

I’ve got a VG happy to provide pics of the finished airframe if you like.  Great little plane is basically 95% of an S model in some asoects and 105% in some other ways. 

• Like 1

@fallowdeer...if you don't mind posting a few that would be great especially if the vintage is from the early 2000's.  My kit is from 2002.

@IBob Thanks for the compliment!  And yes, I think the drawing that I have is newer and the parts are older thus the confusion.  I have a buddy at my airport that is flying a newer Savannah S and the parts on his plane look like the ones in the drawings, not like what I have.  I may just order the ones noted in the drawing but I'm trying to make everything work that I can.

• Like 1