EPIRB 406Mhz Emergency Beacon (PLB)

johnprop

Does anyone have any information when the Australian made

Kti 406Mhz Emergency Beacon (PLB) will available? I understand it is undergoing approval. Any info please?

Clive

Guest aircraft1

X-Air have been selling then since before Narromine (or at least thats when i brought mine) you register it online and thats it, simple. They are Australian Made by GME

Guest aircraft1

What are you talking about ??? The GME 406 beacon has been on sale for 5 months or so, i got mine at Narromine and its fully approved / certified etc.

OK DUMB ME ! I have read the email properly now and see you are refering to the KTI (which i have just searched for and couldnt find out anything about) Well i have the GME and it was $590 for the GPS version and hopefully whenever i have to use it >> It does the job.

I have just phoned KTI as I do every few months and again I am advised that the KTI 406 still hasn't been approved and again they have told me another 3 months before that is likely to happen and then they will start production - sorry!

On another note I have continually tried to get the GME one but they will not supply Clear Prop as it doesn't have a store front however I may have one option up my sleeve - if it comes off I will let you know but in the mean time Clear Prop has the Kannad XS3 406 PLB with GPS