A newby from YSCN

ossie

G'day all, another newby that's just landed.

Love flying/aeroplanes like everyone else here and have worked in the airline industry (ground job) for a good part of my life.

Look forward to chatting with everyone....002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Cheers

Guest Decca

Hi Ossie. Don't be shy. What was your ground job? Usually that's what gets us all interested! It was for me!!

Regards, Decca.

Guest Decca

Good on you Ossie. Thanks for sharing. What are your plans/hopes for the future? Do you have an a/c, club, career in your sights?

Decca.

Guest Decca

In fact to put you at ease I'm just learning to fly myself, like many of us here. My training a/c is a Skyfox Gazelle, & I have a tad over 6hours experience.

Regards, Decca

No not fortunate enough to own an acft, but do a bit of hiring at my local airfield Camden. Have a CPL and instructor rating but haven't done any instructing in the last 4 or 5yrs, thinking seriously about getting back into it soon.

Good luck with your flying, I guess your hooked now like everyone else here.....:big_grin:

I'm not sure about the requirements for a recreational licence, are they the same as a GA licence ?

Cheers

Ossie

Guest Decca

Hook, line & sinker, Ossie.

As the recreational name implies the requirements are relaxed (although the governing body controls how relaxed through their rules & regs) in that one has to be medically fit to drive a car, pass BAK & any other requirements to obtain endorsements for passenger carrying, cross country, radio communications etc. Sorry if I'm a bit vague on it at the moment, just got the Recreational Flying Australia Operations Manual out a few days ago to brush up on it. A new version coming out soon but there shouldn't be too many drastic changes in this department. Anyone else?

Regards, Decca.

Guest David C

Ossie ,

Welcome to the forum ...:)... I see you are a Camdenite . I'm " local " being an Oaks flyer , as well as Hoxton Park , and just last week I had a very nice fly out of Wollongong , where I happened by good fortune to meet up with our good mate and forum member Slartibartsfast , who popped in from Goulburn in his lovely Cheetah . Are you flying Rec Av out of Camden or hiring GA ?? . I know a few of the local Camden pilots , however , I don't usually fly from there , althought that could change soon with the closure of Hoxton Park .. Looking forward to your postings , and once again welcome and good to see you onboard .

Dave C

Thanks Dave,

Yes, been a Camden local all my life, a nice place to live. Do a bit of GA hiring there at the moment. After seeing Slartibartsfast's cheetah (in his profile) Rec flying might be the go. Is there a website where I could find out more about the cheetah ?.

Cheers

Os

Hi Ross, thanks for the info and the offer for a ride, hope to see you around sometime..........:thumb_up:. I'll be spending a bit of time up in Port Macquarie next month, will have to drop in at Taree and take a look.

Cheers

Os

Hi Ossie,

Welcome to the site. I did my ppl training at CAmden in a J160 VH registered then bought a J160 and had it registered RA-Aus. I love the absence of beauracracy of that organisation. I love having the rewards that come with a PPL. Enjoy the comradship on this site.

Cheers, CAZZA