Gday All

JG3

Gday All,

This is John Gilpin checking in for the first time. Would you believe I've only just discovered this forum, despite all the ads in the RAAus magazine........ Guess that says something about my reading habits and the effect of advertising.... Anyhow, this is exactly what I've been wanting to see in action, but didn't know how to set it up myself. This forum looks to be very well organized and maintained, and very comprehensive, so congratulations and thanks to Ian for his work. This will be an ideal medium to share information. I'm not much interested in chatting, but really interested in sharing information.

Some information that I've been wanting to share for a long time is a register of airfields that are an easy walk into town for food (and pub). I've travelled around quite a lot, and so many airfields are just too far from town to be convenient, but there are also some that are excellent. It's not always easy to tell from ERSA or AOPA guides. Could such a register follow on after that Google Airstrips map?? I have several favorites to contribute straight away.

Tailwinds always,

JG

I fly a Savannah now, had a Rans S7, and before that 1200hrs in a Spectrum Beaver single-seat ultralight. So I come from true ultralight origins. Fying from Kilcoy Airfield, SE Qld, averaging about 150 hrs/yr - definitely a 'Frequent Flyer'.

JG