Murphy Rebel

4runner0_0

Is there any Murphy Rebel owner / builder out there ? I'm considering purchasing a part completed project and any advice on this aircraft would be appreciated.

Regards

David

• 2 weeks later...
Is there any Murphy Rebel owner / builder out there ? I'm considering purchasing a part completed project and any advice on this aircraft would be appreciated.Regards

David

Hi David, I imagine you are referring to the one in this months RAA mag. It sounded like a bargain to me and would have thought that it would be snapped-up by the first person who was sufficiently interested to look at it. I was even considering making a trip up from Sydney to check it out. Some sections need replacing????

I'd be interested to hear your opinion of what it's like.

I was with Rick Harper at Mangalore many years ago when he went for his first ride in a Rebel after he'd just ordered his kit. You should see it now, it's beautiful.

Rgds Alan

I chased up a $10000 Corby Starlet, 80% completed, only needs Ply and fabric on wings supposedly, but then I found it had a Jab 1.6 engine. That meant $10000 for a 2.2 and it was nearly up to normal trading price, so not good for a money making project.