RVAC & Tooradin rumour

Guest Ken deVos

Guest Ken deVos

The latest rumour for the Tooradin-Tyabb-Moorabbin GA fliers is that the Royal Victorian Aero Club (RVAC) may soon operate a satellite GA school at Tooradin airfield. Apparently, the RVAC is concerned at the increasing traffic density at Moorabbin and its training area.

If true, then great news also for Tooradin RA-Aus pilots seeking to progress to PPL/CPL etc.

Guest Ken deVos

Coldstream is the RVAC satellite school in the Yarra Valley and I assume it's business as usual.

If the Tooradin rumour is true, I would expect to see at YTDN some of the 40 or so international students currently training at RVAC Moorabbin. All speculation though!

• 1 month later...
Guest Ken deVos

But wait, there's more...

Further to the rumor….

Coldstream (YCEM) in the Yarra Valey, an offshoot of RVAC, is waiting for their first Jabiru to start RA-Aus training.

According to informed sources, Mick Poole has already signed off on the RA-Aus requirements and Tooradin Flying School will supply the aircraft.

• 1 month later...

Sorry but you have mis-read my post; I was referring to the quote that I included with my post: "Tooradin Flying School will supply the aircraft."

Guest Ken deVos

Thanks for the info Brent ;) and please elucidate if you have any more.

This thread started as a rumor about a GA school at Tooradin and the RA-Aus opps at Coldstream does have credibility, but we all are waiting for the details.