What are you doing here !

Guest coolmango

Guest coolmango

My wife would want to come with me to the airstrip the drive is near on 2 hours. I thought she found my little pleasure boring but ever so lease she came . She would bring a book while I "stalked" the hanger at the club I joined. So she would pull up a chair and read. I could be rewiring a Quicksilver or putting something back together... helping out....nope no interest at all....

So it was the day of my first lesson.

I was so look forward to the solitude. Even though I was with my instructor, he was behind me and I felt wonderful. It was my first official flying lesson, so I was focused and excited. Now you would think you could not be further away from the "better half". I was I was actaully doing this ! focusing on flying straight and level, not as easy as you would know on day one. So it was a bit of a surprise when my instructor said "OK look to your left"... odd request, but I turned my head. And there she was in one of our club memebers lightwings.... My wife madly waving at me.... so much for concentration... Nice surprise , but not expected....

I landed to find her back to reading her book. The upside is she is as keen as mustard for me to buy our own little flyer over time, once I know what the hell I am actually looking for and know what I want to do.

I got a chuckle when I landed. who else can say their wife was there for their, next to them for their first instructional flight ???? 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Now ain't love grand. My wife just won't contemplate flying with me, or any body else for that matter. Mind you, she's looking forward to boarding a 'real' plane for Bali in August. Hope you and yours have many happy hours exploring the wide blue yonder.

Support Crew

Be nice to that girl C'mango (or else, give me her phone number!) 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

cheers Riley

Guest coolmango

Well.. I know I am very lucky - she is the only "wife" or female within cooee of the airstrip most days, and I do count my blessings - we have been married about 20 years, and she is a gem. But heck, you would think went you are a fair way of the ground, the last thing your expecing is bumping into the misses'.

It was nice to she her there - just not the sort of thing one expects to see.... So there is the humor !

I know I am lucky !

It's probably a "pay back" for lurking in the background when she had a lingerie party.006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Having said that, appreciate what you've got. I'm also fortunate to have a sweetheart who's happy to sit and watch, while I go to see whats new in the hangers, and chat to the boys. It's priceless!!