A big thanks and farewell to Chris Kiehn

Admin

On behalf of every forum member I would like to bid farewell with the best of luck to Chris - our RAAus Technical Manager who leaves the RAAus today (Friday 11th July 08) to take up a new role in the IT industry. Chris, you have helped our Association become far safer today and more enjoyable with your watchful eye over all the technical aspects of the aircraft that we fly and you WILL be very much missed.

However, we all do hope that you enjoy your next opportunity and that you will not forget us all - even if we don't fly gliders 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif - goodbye for now, good luck in the future and no doubt we will see you around at some airfield or in the air somewhere 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif 011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Guest TOSGcentral

I have responded privately to Chris' resignation but would also like to make a brief public statement.

Chris maintained the excellent lines of communication that were established between RAAus Tech Managers and TOSG that have been consistent now for many years and enable the wheels to keep rolling.

A clear example is the recent almost immediate co-operation on the TST tailplane failure that resulted in a valid AN very promptly.

Chris has also been of great assistance in the Thruster Swift project and just this week has been materially helping the Vision factory sale become simpler such that we can have our own home produced basic trainer available again.

Many thanks Chris - and every best wish for your future

Aye

Tony

Now if Chris is going to the IT side - he must have computer and Internet access - So we will still be able to talk to him on the forums.

:big_grin::big_grin:

regards

Thanks Team,

I say Team as I see it as more of a team effort, keeping our freedoms and keeping our aircraft flying. Sometimes we do get into each others hair from time to time, though generally we are going in the same direction.

I will certainly not disappear from the forums, may have to change my username now though, and am always there should someone need info or clarification on things that I can help with. I hope that I have done a reasonable job. I know that I missed returning some calls and failed to answer some emails.

I certainly hope that RA-Aus fills the seat expeditiously, as it is needed, though I am sure there won't be a problem.

Wishing you all well and happy and safe flying.

Now I can sit on the other side of the phone and make demands of the office staff :thumb_up:

I am off for a week now first to NQld to soak some sun rays before coming back to clear the icicles.

Take care

Chris 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif