New Book

Admin

Clear Prop has just received in stock a new book called:

Microsoft Flight Simulator as a Training Aid

This book and accompanying CD provide advice and suggestions for using Microsoft Flight Simulator as an effective pilot training device. The book includes reference charts and a companion CD that has more than 150 VFR and IFR practice flights for Flight Simulator 2004 and Flight Simulator X, plus charts, reference materials and other tools to help you get the most out of using Flight Simulator as a training aid.

http://www.clearprop.com.au/index.php?target=products&product_id=30548

I think the temptation might get the better of me and open one for myself 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

• 1 month later...

No 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif - unfortunately I only got one copy and sold it but will be getting more in stock next week - problem is they are cellophane wrapped so I can't even take a sneak preview unless I keep one myself 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

I've got this book, bought it from Amazon a while ago. I highly recommend it.

It takes you through much like how you'd get trained, i.e. you start off with the "Sports Pilot" section (equivalent to RA-Aus), then PPL, all the way up to commercial etc. They point out differences between the flight sim and the real world and illustrate what the sim does well and how you can use it to help enhance your real world flying. The authors' use a nice tone in delivering the information across to the reader; they're not condescending nor over the top. As you progress through, they include little vignettes/stories from their real life experience as instructors, how situations arise, analysis of errors and fun little tales.

I feel like going through this book has actually given me a head start when I do get around to training at the end of this year. Hopefully it will take my mind off the more complex underlying issues and theories and let me work on the practical skills of "handling" the aircraft.