Inaugral Drifter Breakfast

boleropilot

g'day guys

my lil WB-582 has settled down nicely at Roadvale (it's a 6nm flight to Boonah) and apart from some minor sorting she is coming along nicely

i haven't seen such a thing as a Drifter event so i put it to the members of the Flying Tigers at Boonah today (at the meeting) and they have agreed to host an annual Drifter/Fisher get-together, with moi as the organiser 010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif

to avoid the hassles associated with a 'fly-in' the event will be run simply as a breakfast for Drifter/Fisher pilots - if you want to make a weekend of it you are welcome to camp overnight, either in the hangar or under the wing keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif

inaugral event is set for the first saturday of spring, when all Drifters will be shaking their wings in anticipation of some sweet flying - the date is Saturday 6th September

aircraft other than Drifters/Fishers will be awarded temporary Drifter status for the day ;)

please spread the word, we want to see as many Drifters and Fishers at Boonah on the day as possible

cheers for now

cropduster dave 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

alias boleropilot

Guest High Plains Drifter
aircraft other than Drifters/Fishers will be awarded temporary Drifter status for the day

One of my old Drifters is out Boonah way - does that count 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

• 1 month later...

Drifter Get-Together

g'day guys

little reminder that the inaugral Drifter Breakfast is now only two weeks away, date is Saturday 6th September, at the Flying Tigers clubhouse @ Boonah Airfield, 0800 on 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

all aircraft and Drifter devotees welcome, come along and see the biggest collection of Drifters on the planet (well maybe not this year, but there will be quite a lot - in future years this will be THE Drifter event in Oz) 010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif

hoping to see youse guys there :big_grin:

bp (alias cropduster dave)

• 2 weeks later...

:sad:Sorry Boleropilot, I was planning to come over for a look in a full bodied Drifter (schools tecnam) but bugger, flying has been cancelled today due wind. Oh well maybe next time.

Cheers

JimG

wot a blowout

hey JimG no problem m8, even the birds had problems today

we watched a magpie trying to make headway at one stage, he stopped flapping for a few seconds and started flying backwards !!!!!!!!!

the big wave clouds being generated over the range kept blowing in across the 'field, right up to 1700 hours it was still blowing 20 knots plus and we regularly saw 30+ during the day (i left 455 tied down at the field, couldn't get her home)

i actually flew in from Roadvale at 0745 and had a lovely little flight, not long after that it all turned to XXXXe

better luck for next year is the plan, in 2009 it will be the last saturday in september

look for an article on The Inaugral Drifter Hurricane in the RAA mag soon

hope to see ya's all in 2009 !!!

bp