First Landing - A Litlle Swervy!

Namaste Aviphiles

Today I did my first landing (mostly unassisted). 018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif

I was very happy with the approach...correct my aim with rudder...speed with attitude...height with power...straight down like a dart - fly it in!

But add some power for a touch and go and you really see the effects of the left yaw tendancy! Gets the heart pumping for a newby like me! I was told during and afterwrds that I did quite well, so im happy. But im sure we left a big snaky up the strip!!

It was a moment of clarity for me...

Like when I first drove (15 y.o) my mums car while they were on holiday, and realised that watching it done, and doing it, are two completely different things ('nuf said there)!! Today reminded me that reading about it in the BAK book and playing on your flight sim are NOTHING like doing it for real!

Makes you know you're alive! I love it!

I cant wait for the next lesson!!:rotary:

Cheers all...great site!!!!:thumb_up:

Brodie J.:yin_yan:

Guest Mad Dave

I have done a bit with Brett lately as well, he has a great laid back style, but still manages to impart all the knowledge. Makes it very easy to learn. Weather permitting I will be doing my flight test with him tomorrow (fingers crossed!!)

Dave

Good luck on the test Dave! Looking forward to that myself!

Im glad to hear Brett gets a good rap...nice to know...you just dont know when you're a newby...I always get a good vibe in that place though...good bunch!

Cheers all

Brodie

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well Done!

Brett is one of the best instructors I have come across yet!. Speak to Brett about it but I suspect it may be the Jab itself.

I have found that the Jabs don't like to much weight placed on the nose wheel after touch down due to the center of balance moving too far forward. Try to Mono it down the strip by holding back pressure on the elevator until you have come to a stop. This will also help slow the beast down a touch but lilydale's grass surface is also good for slowing the aircraft down.

Please be nice to 4929.

Gibbo

• 2 weeks later...

Just went up again after a little hiatus...those Jabs really do get flung around up there! All that heat yesterday made for some strong thermals. We couldn't even climb past 3000ft! She just wouldn't go! Still it was nice to get back up...no landings this time though. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Cheers all

Brodie:yin_yan: