Which wings?

Guest wildmangordo

Guest wildmangordo

I'm trying to get it together to buy a plane, mainly for commuting between here (Warbo WA) and Alice, or to Melbourne or Tamworth & between. The Jabiru 170C is looking good, but I want to know if I can fit a dissassembled bicycle in the load space...well, two actually.. any idea? Otherwise, a second hand 230 will probably be the go.

I have read about a twin engined turbo diesel Diamond, but haven't seen any for sale so I have no idea what they cost...?

Any directions will be gratefully received,

Cheers, Gordon.

Guest Andys@coffs

At the risk of being pedantic... the 230 doesnt have rear seats. the 430 does. 230 = stationwagon 430 = sedan..... well at least my 230 doesnt!

Andy

Seat configuration.

Andy, has anyone ever set up a 230 with one seat in the back and remove or only use one seat in the front? Could have some advantages for long trips. Do you find that the aircraft tends to be nose-heavy as normally loaded? Nev

Guest Andys@coffs

Kev

his rego better start with VH.... I may be wrong but I dont believe RAA rego allows for 3 seats or more even if you intend to only use 2...

Nev, I suppose it could be done that way.. On my aircraft I tend to find that the trim is pushed fully forward in cruise flight. As long as my understanding of how the trim works is correct weight in the back isnt probably what Im looking for.... It may be that I simply cruise too fast....

Andy