Flight schools/clubs around Canberra

Hi,

I'm unable to get a GA license due to childhood epilepsy (last fit was 18 years ago!) - so I'm looking into recreational flying.

As the title says - what would be a good club to train with (intensively if possible) within a reasonable drive of Canberra?

Looking at flying powered aircraft - not gliders.

Cheers,

Adam

Guest airsick

Hi Adam,

Unfortunately there is no option here in Canberra. As far as I am aware there are three options that are within a reasonable distance.

You could go to Polo Flat where they have (I think) an Allegro and a new Tecnam - 6452 6636 http://poloflat.biz/splash/splash-saa.htm

Goulburn where I think they do their training in a Gazelle - 4821 7798

Adaminaby where I think they have a Jab (Slarti could prob help you out with a bit more info here) - 0427 812 670 www.sra.asn.au

Each of these places is listed on the RA Aus website.

Hope this helps.

Welcome Adam.

I'm Canberra based and learned through Adrian Menhennitt with the Snowy River Aviators. I can recommend him. He's now based at the club's new airfield at Adaminaby. 4 hangars have just gone up and more soon. The only other close option is Goulburn, but Teraya doesn't seem to be there much these days. Then there's Moruya and Tumut, both of which have training.

I can give you details or you can check out the SRA website. It's a bit of a dog's breakfast at the moment, but the details are there.

You could always drop in to the Monday evening gathering of aviators at the Weston Rugby club at 6pm Mondays to chat. That's an open invite to any aviators too. Still waiting for people to join us. Bob? Mick?

Cheers,

Ross

Edit: Oh yeah - Mike Apps at Polo Flat (Cooma), Thanks Airsick.

Guest airsick

Thanks for reminding me Slarti, I have been meaning to crash the party for sometime. I tried dropping in at the field a few days back but everyone was sleeping!