Ventus 2cx

Guest L/D

This is an awesome machine. General comments from pilots is that it has more feel in the wings than it's competitors. It climbs well loaded with ballast and will outperform its competitors at higher speeds.

Assume you are asking about the ASG29 and coincidentally I can answer that as I received an email from the Schleicher agent for OZ over the past couple of days saying that they have now sold 20 ASG29's in their territory (which includes OZ, NZ & Japan) and have booked 5 more slots in the production line.

If you are asking about the Ventus 2cx, there are heaps of them down here and someone else may know the numbers.

• 6 years later...

I was in NZ gliding a couple of years ago where i took a measurements of the ASG29 wing airfoil, The factory had a new airfoil better in the wind tunnel, but on the aircraft is didnt work, so they have gone back to the old airfoil fx67 as the older gliders had Jantar Pik 20 etc. the difference it the wing is thinner but it is still up with the best .

The new gliders now have gone to the newer FX87 they all have there own name but it is the same airfoil. the new gliders have got the edge over the older gliders mostle by the thinner wing which 1"thinner wing is about the same the fuse drag . The 6"wing is now 41/4" so 1/34 fuses less drag . I have discovered most wings on the glider are different shape and thickness. People have said but the wing has 18 different airfoils? yes but it has nothering to with performance but the handling. The aircraft doesn't have to be factory built to have the performance of the best around .

I was in NZ gliding a couple of years ago where i took a measurements of the ASG29 wing airfoil, The factory had a new airfoil better in the wind tunnel, but on the aircraft is didnt work, so they have gone back to the old airfoil fx67 as the older gliders had Jantar Pik 20 etc. the difference it the wing is thinner but it is still up with the best .

The new gliders now have gone to the newer FX87 they all have there own name but it is the same airfoil. the new gliders have got the edge over the older gliders mostle by the thinner wing which 1"thinner wing is about the same the fuse drag . The 6"wing is now 41/4" so 1/34 fuses less drag . I have discovered most wings on the glider are different shape and thickness. People have said but the wing has 18 different airfoils? yes but it has nothering to with performance but the handling. The aircraft doesn't have to be factory built to have the performance of the best around .