Aero Clubs that accept RAA

MrH

Hi - I'm keen to find a home.

I live in Olinda (Vic) & I want to find a club or community group nearby that may accept me & my desire to share their knowledge to improve mine. Selfish, eh?

I'm a low hour - just got my pilot certificate :big_grin: - budget pilot (with a gliding background, though so long ago, fairly much forgotten 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif) & need encouragment to continue what I've started.

Any suggestions out there???keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif

H

I'll be surprised if you don't get any encouragement from this forum Mr H. Thanks for joining us.

DON'T feel guilty about your quest for knowledge! We all need every bit of it we can learn.

Apart from that, I'm going to be no help at all, except to tell you that Ballarat Aero Club has one Gazelle in its fleet of Cessnas, & an excellent membership of ultra-lighters, not to mention a top instructor. I'm just afraid it might be a little out of reach for you.

So I'm sure there will be many others out there.

Regards, Decca.

Thanks Decca,

Ballarat isn't out of the question, only a couple of hours away & my brother lives there. Might make me catch up with him :thumb_up: which I haven't regularily.

I flew a Jabaru 230 at Narrandera, so a Gazelle would be another knotch in my belt.

Cheers

H

Check out that other thread News RVAC & Tooradin rumour - Recreational Flying about RVAC at Coldstream and the Tooradin rumour. Give Dick at Coldstream a call.

Been a while since I've done much at Coldstream but I expect to spend more time there in future.

PS - perhaps we'll meet at the Pig & Whistle one evening - I'm at Olinda too - heading off to Moorabbin airport a bit later this morning.

Hey djpacro - nice to know there's another Olinderite out there.:thumb_up:

Nice day for a fly today too, hope you enjoyed it. Tooradin, Coldstream or Lilydale have crossed my mind as they are close by. Lilydale has a club but it may be too GA oreinted as to may the RVAC. I would need to hire an aircraft & it needs to be RAA reg for me - have you had any contact with Lilydale areo club? I know that the school there has a J160.

Ben - Shepparton seems to be a thriving club, wish it was a tad closer to home.049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

Once my confidence is up I'd love to fly in for the BBQ one day.

Cheers

H

Thanks Bendorn, do you have any experience with Lilydale club?

You must have sent that post through when I was stuffing around with my reply to previous posts

Thanks

H

Guest Bendorn
Thanks Bendorn, do you have any experience with Lilydale club? You must have sent that post through when I was stuffing around with my reply to previous posts

Thanks

H

No I don't H.... But the J160's are RAA registered and they have a few of them so I'm sure they'd be keen to have you on board.

All the best.

Lilydale has a club but it may be too GA oreinted as to may the RVAC. I would need to hire an aircraft & it needs to be RAA reg for me - have you had any contact with Lilydale areo club? I know that the school there has a J160.

MrH, happy to talk to you and tell you what I know about the local scene. RVAC is changing as you might gather from that other thread. The Lilydale Club is separate from the Lilydale Flying School - their RAA-registered Jabirus seem to be going very well.

I may drop into both airports myself today for an update on what's happening.

Guest Ken deVos

Yarra Valley Aero Club

Hi MrH

FYI, the Yarra Valley Aero Club website is http://www.yvac.info/ and I'm led to understand that, these days, they welcome anybody who has an interest in flying. Previously, I think you needed to be a private aircraft owner. Their club rooms are at Lilydale airport next door to the flying school.

The Lilydale Flying School is expecting the arrival of their 4th J160 soon. They also have a Tecnam (I think it has a CSU). Speak with Brett Mitchell, the CFI, but I think Brett is there only on Sundays.

At Coldstream, Dick Gower of RVAC is the RA-Aus instructor and CFI. A very friendly guy and always willing to chat. Coldstream will initially be using Tooradin J170s.

Hi MrH

I'm just down the road from you in Montrose.

I'm currently flying out of Tooradin and have made enquiries with Lilydale.

Feel free to drop me a PM if you'd like to catch up for a coffee or a yak..

Phil