Help me get from Cowra to East Sale

Mick

Guys,

I am planning on flying to East Sale after the SAAA fly in at Cowra.

Can anyone suggest the best way to go to avoid controlled airspace and to minimise the amout of tiger county I have to fly over?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Cheers

Mick

PS. I might drop in to Tooradin later in that week if there is likely to be anyone about.

Not the whole answer, but to mention that of course East Sale IS IN controlled airspace, of the military kind and you can't land there unless you know someone special. Technically the only way to avoid CTA at West Sale (civillian airport) without PPL is to land there when the RAAF have shut down, often after 4pm, or first thing in the morning. (there are others here that know the exact operating hours) But that being said, a phone call will usually get you into their airspace happily without a PPL.

There's usually a bit happening at Tooradin, however there's no club as such so unless it's a weekend, there may not be much action. Eugene is usually there from Wed - Sunday am.

If you're heading down anywhere east of the Melbourne to Albury route you are guaranteed to come across rough terrain and if you go coastal there will be long stretches south of Moruya etc where there will be nowhere to land except the beach and the occasional airfield like Merimbula, Mallacoota and Marlo.

Anywhere West of this route takes you over the mountains and whilst you could go up high say 9,500ft with moderate safety, you will eventaully run into East Sale airspace if it's active.

Guys,I am planning on flying to East Sale after the SAAA fly in at Cowra.

Can anyone suggest the best way to go to avoid controlled airspace and to minimise the amout of tiger county I have to fly over?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Cheers

Mick

PS. I might drop in to Tooradin later in that week if there is likely to be anyone about.

Mike

Nobody appears to want to answer your call so I'll give it a go (your fuel range aside).

If it were me I would track Cowra, Wagga, Corowa, Wangaratta, Mangalore, Kilmore Gap and then sneak on over to East Sale.

Does that do anything for you?

Regards Geoff