hello, from the other side

MadamBreakneck

Hi,

I'm Joan. I fly and instruct in a Thruster in dreary grey England, helped by my dear husband, Ginge. I've been helping Tony Hayes out a litle bit for a couple of years by printing and distributing his TOSG bulletin to a few like-minded souls in this part of the world.

My main online home is within the BMAA forums in the UK. I joined this site to be able to read (and join in) the Thruster forum on here.

Looking forward to chatting with you guys.

Joan

For more detail see www.saxonMicro.co.uk

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Joan,

Good to have you on the forum.

I own and instructed in an Austflight Wire braced Drifter and I still love flying it,it`s the closest I can get to flying like a bird and I don`t even have to flap my wings.

All the best,

Frank.

Hi farri, thanks.

I've always loved the look of the drifter - both the wire-braced and the strut braced ones. Unfortunately only one seems to have made it through the UK airworthiness rules - and that took the owner a terrific amount of effort. See here

Cheers

Joan

Guest TOSGcentral

Hi Joan,

Welcome aboard mate, this a great site and Ian has put a huge amount of effort into it.

The next Bulletin BTW should be with you in about 2.5 weeks - I am preparing it as soon as I get back from the N.T.

Aye

Tony

Guest Maj Millard

Hi Joan

I spent time in your part of the world in the seventies. Managed to do a little hang-gliding down near Dover, at a place called 'Devil's Dyke '?. Hey come down here!! There is a severe shortage of Female pilots, it REAL hot here, and we have LOTS of Drifters. Cheers and Welcome Ross. 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

PS: I just had a look at your photo of the pomme Drifter, holy cow, what do they call that one 'Grasshopper' ?? 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

I spent time in your part of the world in the seventies. Managed to do a little hang-gliding down near Dover, at a place called 'Devil's Dyke '?

In the '70s I lived in Brighton and drove to work past Devil's Dyke every day. It was watching those guys that persuaded me to stay away from hang-gliding and stay with conventional sailplanes:devil:It was only in the '90s that I got onto microlights, attracted initially by the Chevvron.

I was eventually seduced by a Thruster TST.

Joan

Guest Maj Millard

The Chevron looks like a nice wing Joan. I recently had a ride and a fly of a Zamango motor glider from Brazil, also quite an impressive flying machine, of similar style. Over the years we have had several notable English female aviators fly England to Australia. Jean Battern comes to mind, as one. Cheers Ross. 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif