Rainbow Aviation held a course in Australia.

Guest ozzie

Has anyone listened to this? did anyone from the RAAus go? Did anyone from here go? Any comments on the podcast? I found some comments interesting towards the maintanence requierments (or lack of) interesting.

Ozzie

Hi Ozzie

The course was held at Maitland and organised through the HGFA - see my post on: http://www.recreationalflying.com/forum/engines-props/12177-rotax-maintenance-training.html after I had gone to the USA to do the LSA Repairman course with Carol & Brian Carpenter, with a view to bringing their maintenance course to Australia for Trike flyers. They came over from the states to help us set up the first course, and there will be further courses being run in the future, using their courseware.

Safe flying

Kev

There was actually 42 people that attended the rainbow coarses in maitland all members of hfga as far as i know?I was lucky enuff to attend and thought it was excellent!Wasnt just the knowledge and reference material provided by rainbow but the attitude towards maintaince.my experience in aviation maintaince is very small but as a diesel fitter I have seen people many times attempt maintaince tasks that they believed they were capable of without fully understanding the underlying risks with what they were doing!It seems sumtimes the less you know the simpler tasks appear?I think part of rainbows message was to stick with procedures in your manuals etc and dont second guess them and dont shortcut for any reason?

ps does uncle Kel drive a silver landcruiser wagon slati? I think he may have been the guy that gave me a lift to the coarse?

gary

I was lucky enuff to attend and thought it was excellent!I think part of rainbows message was to stick with procedures in your manuals etc and dont second guess them and dont shortcut for any reason?

gary

Glad you enjoyed the course and have fully grasped the concept of what Carol and Brian were saying with regards to maintenance. 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Good luck with your Inspector rating - let me know how you get on.

Safe flying

Kev

Damm it was held just 10.mins down the road i could have made it 43. I have been wanting to do a course like this for a while. i have sent that link to the RAA and asked when they will sponser a course like the HGFA.

Ozzie