Pocket FMS

icebob

Hi,

I am trialling Pocket FMS for the first time and I was wondering if other users of Pocket FMS are having issues printing the maps or is it just me?

I'm one of those map,compass, watch and eyeball types and hardly ever used one of these new fangled things call GPS.:confused:

Bob.

Bob,

It creates a BMP image and opens it in whichever application your Windows system associates with that file type. On my XP system the default is Windows Picture & Fax Viewer, but it could be Paint or any other little application which displays BMP.

Maybe you've removed that association for some reason. You can check from Windows Explorer by selecting Tools>Folder Options, then the File Types tab, and scroll down to BMP.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Ron

Hi Ron,

unfortunately that did not work, I have contacted pocketFMS direct and the return email was not very encouraging, I hope they can give me a resolution, if not then it is lucky i am using the trial version cos i sure am not going to buy it if they can't fix it.

The first email response was to reinstall it even though i told them i had tried that twice:loopy:.

Bob.

Bob,

Look for My Documents\PocketFMS\mapprint.bmp in Windows Explorer.

If it's there, double-click on it. What happens?

If the file is there, PocketFMS has done it's thing and the problem is most likely the app associated with BMP.

Ron

Hi,

nothing happens when I try to print. I am using XP Pro. I have also noticed in the last day or so that some of the detail is going. I tried a re-install but it keeps telling me I am already registered and will not go any further. I have had one unhelpful email from the company and that is it???? I have tried updating everything too.

So I have lost printing ability within pocketFMS, some boundry or airways lines and I can not re-install as the registration page blocks it.

Bob.