First Solo!

Simonflyer

Hi All.

I just thought i would post here my excitement on going solo yesterday..

Those of you who have done it will know the feeling, and those not quite there will know the anticipation..

I havent stopped grinning.

The conditions were pretty good, although it went from a light breeze up and down the strip to a gusty x-wind almost as soon as my instructor got out!No matter though, as we had done a few hours of x-wind practice, and i felt ok(even though i thought i would never get the knack of em at first)I kid you not i giggled all the way around the circuit until i realised i should probably do my checks and land the thing safely...

My instructor told me to do 2 or 3 circuits if i felt ok...I may or may not have done a few more than that.He didnt seem to mind.

I think the things that stood out to me were how quiet the cabin was, the lack of anyone to question if i was a bit unsure, and how much more jumpy the tecnam is without the extra weight.The thing just wants to fly.

I think my total hours are around the 12-13 mark(with 0.6 as pilot in command thank you very much!!), and my flying has really improved since i recently took a loan so i can now fly 4-8 hours a week(as i am going on to an ra-aus instrucor rating, and crossing over to a GA CPL)..Its quite astonishing the change from the 6 hour mark where i felt totally overwhelmed and even a bit scared at times, to just being much more relaxed at the stick and being able to enjoy it and feeling like i actually can do it..

Anyway...Back into it today which could be interesting, as i couldnt get to sleep last night, and i woke up early, and there is nice firm breeze blowing today.

Gotta love it!

Cheers

Simon:thumb_up:

Great, well done Mate and YES, you are now a member of the club - a day that many years after the grin has left your face you will remember with pride!

011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif 011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

• 4 weeks later...