Pilot cert and pax endorsement passed!!!

Hi all..

Since catching the flying bug in september, i have been completely obsessed, and today i passed my pilot certificate and pax endorsement (18 hours dual and 10.1 solo).Ive had excellent training at Locksley Field from Sue And Nathan, and the fact i was able to fly often meant that it all happened pretty fast(im so obsessed that i took a loan so i could fly as often as possible, and now im going on and do xcountry/PPL/CPL etc etc and stay poor for a bit longer!!)

I couldnt have gotten better conditions today-Light winds,very few thermals and no turbulance(after a month of garbage!).Nathan threw a few curveballs at me, but all in the name of learning, and i feel absolutely stoked to have passed, and realise i have a loooong way to go in the learning curve.it probably never stops!...It hadnt really hit me that it was done until i was standing on the porch at a friends bbq having a quiet one this evening and saw a plane fly over head, and realised i can do that on my own..Its a very strange feeling, and ive only just started.

I have a few hours booked tomorrow, so out to the training area for some solo fun, and then early next year straight into the Navs.

It just keeps getting better!

Cheers

Simon..

Guest Brett Campany
Well done!! Must be an awesome feeling. :thumb_up:May I ask what sort of curveballs you got?

Yeah I want to know as well, tell all mate!

Thanks for the messages guys..

I cant give away his Trade secrets, and besides im sure every C.F.I has a slightly different way of going about it,but basically if you're reasonably on top of the flying syllabus, nothing they throw at you will be beyond your abilities...It actually was just like any other flight with a few more nerves..the instructor's wont let us do the tests until they know were ready and thats good enough for me..(if their students failed all the time it wouldnt look good for them would it!)

It seems to me that the tests are more about consolidating all the stuff weve learned as well as a judge of our flying ability..Ive had a bit of trouble judging the glides in the forced landings, and didn't do the best one today, but i would've put us down safely, and i guess in the end that's what counts most.I just need to keep practicing and over time im sure that the pilot in command thing will become more natural rather than the student pilot hanging on by the skin of his teeth..

From the sounds of things your tests are coming up??Best of luck..enjoy it.

Cheers

Simon

[ATTACH]6957.vB[/ATTACH]

IMG_3088_2.jpg.0d4a24a961421516572921b249f47add.jpg

Congratulations! I now know how good it feels too!

I achieved my certificate yesterday! Again i wasn't expecting to do it then, but more practice, but Neil my instructor said "We'll have a go." Glad he did! He through a few curveballs at me too, and i got a bit flustered at one point. It certainly wasn't my best bit of flying but i proved my technique. Unfortunately it was a fairly rough and bumpy day in the air so i didn't go back up for a celebratory flight.

All smiles again, and head is still in the clouds (so to speak)