Can an RAA aircraft lodge a flight plan?

Ferris

Earlier this year I heard and saw an RAA registered Jabiru flying into YMEN, obviously using his PPL qualification. I've flown into MEN a few times with VH aircraft, both with a flight plan and without, and would like to fly a Tecnam there in the very near future (yes it has a C mode). So the logical question is, can I lodge a flight plan with ASA and use SARtime? A flight plan will make things a lot simpler, than trying to fly under the 'steps'. question.gif.c2f6860684cbd9834a97934921df4bcb.gif

Cheers

Ferris

Yes you can. Same as for GA. Registration may be an issue but easily solved with a call to the help line (it will reject numerals but woll let it through on resubmit). ICAO acft type should be checked. I would think the tecnam should have one however you can "ZZZZ" it and describe the type in Remarks. Everything else is the same as GA.

Cheers,JeffC

I regularly submit flight notification. It certainly speeds up clearances. As Jeff C said, you will be requested by NAIPS to re-submit your plan because it will not recognise your callsign the first time. The aircraft type can be accessed on the CASA site.

John