Just Landed

Ted Snook

Just a word or two to introduce myself. I am a retired Pom from Newport Pagnell, in cold wet England, and I have a Thruster, G-MTPX on long term rebuild.

I first flew PX in '89, when it was a training aircraft with around 800 hours. Someone ground looped it into a standing crop, which did a lot of damage, so they rebuilt it with lots of new stuff, T300 pod, various tubes and new skins, and put it up for sale.

Seemed like a good buy, so I bought it and it looked pretty good (pic in Bulletin #52).

Anyway, got it home and started checking it out in the workshop, whereupon I found lots of worn bolts, dragged and oval holes, but worst of all the boom was cracked under the LE Stainless support brkt.

Then all the work dried up in the auto design world, so PX remained part stripped in store when I got work in the US and Germany for a few years.

With the pressure of work, 3 years motor bike racing with the kids and all the delapidation that has to be fixed before the wife will let me do my own stuff, I'm only just getting to the position were I can get to grips with all the jobs.

I won't be flying my own Thruster yet a while, but I have kept up my licence, doing a GST each year on a Eurostar, an all metal hot ship - nice, but it ain't a Thruster.

I always do jobs to the best of my ability, so I won't end up with just any old rebuild, it's going to be the best, 'cause that's what PX deserves.

Oh and just to make sure that I don't vegitate too much, I have taken on the job of Northern Editor for the 'Bulletin' from Joan, so you will be able to see a few stories that I have been able to unearth when you read future issues.

Happy landings, Ted