DragonFly Single Seater Trike

eastmeg2

There is a very short article in the Feb 09 Soaring Australia, (Yes I can admit to being a HGFA member) advertising the Single Seat Dragonfly Trike. I've sent an email to the Adelaide based importer asking for more details.

Can anyone here shed some more light on this rather tidy looking and ultimately transportable toy?

Adelaide Airsports: Dragonfly

Flylight Airsports Ltd. - Flexwing Microlights

Cheers,

Glen

I've been contemplating these too. I don't have much knowledge other than from the www but the Flylight guys are exceptionally well respected in UK microlight fraternity. As well as designing the Dragonfly they also import the Skyranger, Air Creation and some other types so I would expect it to be of a high standard. There are a few of them registered in the UK now.

I guess it would have to be 95.10 here (since we don't have an equivalent to the UK's Single Seat Deregulation Category) and it would be to heavy to be exempt. Be interested to know what the Ozzi prices are like too.

Cheers

John

PS Don't feel bad about being in the HGFA Glen - somebody has to bail them out of their financial situation :-(

Dragonfly Trike. I've sent an email to the Adelaide based importer asking for more details. Cheers,

Glen

Don't hold your breath Glen, I sent them two emails over a month ago and still no reply. Let me know if you do get a response.

Thats good Crezzi, if you get one I will look after your 912 for you;)

Thats good Crezzi, if you get one I will look after your 912 for you;)

I've got a better idea - you buy a Dragonfly & I'll trade you time in that for time in the XT912 !

• 2 weeks later...

I got a reply . . .

AUD 28k incl GST, "Top of the range Dragonfly", landed in Adelaide factory, freight and charges paid. Discus 15T wing, Bailey 4-stroke, fairings and retractable undercarriage. 85kg empty weight. Apparently at least one has already been RAAus registered.

Wouldn't mind seeing one in the flesh before deciding if it's worth $28k.

I got a reply . . .AUD 28k incl GST, "Top of the range Dragonfly", landed in Adelaide factory, freight and charges paid. Discus 15T wing, Bailey 4-stroke, fairings and retractable undercarriage. 85kg empty weight. Apparently at least one has already been RAAus registered.

Wouldn't mind seeing one in the flesh before deciding if it's worth $28k.

I'm not saying that they aren't worth the price but that is more expensive than a 503 Redback.

Thanks for the update Glen

John