Drifter tailwheel assembly

USADrifter

I have an Austflight Drifter SB. Can anyone say if the tailwheel leaf spring and assembly have common parts with other models of Drifter? Mine was slightly bent by a previous owner and I thought the only adverse effect was some uneven wear of the tailwheel rubber, but I see it is putting unnecessary stress on the tail and I'd prefer to change it out.

So - I'd prefer like parts unless someone can tell me another assembly would be a better fit without major modifications to the airframe. Thanks!

I'm sure the other boys will clarify for you, but my first advise would be to drop a line to these guys - Welcome to the Drifter Aircraft Website. who now hold the type certificate for the Austflight.

Failing that, Wayne FISHER of Spectrum Aviation is a resident drifter guru depending on whether you require the part to be certified etc.

What he doesn't know about drifters isn't worth knowing. (He was part of the Austflight factory) Spectrum Aviation - - Home of the Fisher Mk1 Ultralight

I imagine what you need would even fit nicely in a post box if you needed it sent from Oz!

• 2 weeks later...
I have an Austflight Drifter SB. Can anyone say if the tailwheel leaf spring and assembly have common parts with other models of Drifter? Thanks!

G`Day USADrifter,

I`ve had an Austflight WB Drifter for more than 20 years and your spring leafs look exactly the same as mine.

Cheers,

Frank.