Krucker Explorer L103 amphibious trike flying boat

Admin

• www.XLFLYING.com (850) 974-5483This single place trike is legal to fly under Part 103 of the Federal Aviation Regulations with no license required, although training from a certified school is highly recommended. It features a North Maverick strutted folding wing, 40 hp engine and world-renowned Krucker floats with retractable landing gear. The Krucker float and amphib setup is designed specifically for trikes with the step moved farther forward than conventional floats. This eliminates porpoising common with other floats. The floats are produced from 5052 aluminium the same as that used in aluminium boat construction. They are corrosion resistant, have three air tight seamless chambers, and cross bracing. In flight the floats fly with a 2 degree angle of attack which decreases drag and allows the trike to fly virtually the same as it would if equipped with wheels only. Water rudders operated by cables are also included with the floats. All amphibious trikes are outfitted with retractable wheels for easy retraction and extension in flight. Drive right into the water on your wheels, retract them, and take off on floats.he wing folds for easy transport and storage. It takes about 15 easy minutes to set up for flight. For more information contact:[email protected] call 850-598-3735

• ---

Salt Water

Hi Ian,

I have been interested in the amphib's for a while now, because we have a lot of suitable water around here (Gippsland Lakes) but I don't think I could buy a new one or strap a set of floats on a 60k Airborne then go and splash down in the salt water with it.031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif

Maybe an older one nobody loved anymore would be suitable for a short aquatic life prior to retirement. 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Salt water means you need to spend a bit more time cleaning it up at the end of the day but doesn't mean they fall apart after a couple of years. The beavers I fly are fast approaching 50 years old and have spent a minimum of the last 5 - more like 10 years sitting in salt water all day every day!