Mansfield-Anyone flown in??

Simonflyer

Hi..

I was wondering if anyone has any info on flying into Mansfield that they could share..

I have to fly there for my XC prac exam next week..

From my ERSA i can see that there is no Runway Marked-I had a look on google, and it looks like a north south or close enough, but there doesn't seem to be much more info than that.

Anyhoo.

If anyones got anything that they can share about the joint, id be very glad to hear it.I just feel like im missing something obvious.....

Cheers

Guest Decca

Simon I am in no position to advise you (I'll leave that to others), but the Aerodrome Operator (name, address, phone & fax) is listed in a slightly used by date (like me) ERSA. I'm sure your instructor would be testing your initiative to contact the aerodrome & find out what gives. Hope I am on the right track here & not leading anyone astray.

Doug, Mansfield is a great little Victorian township close to the snow, may even have been named after you!

Decca.

PS I am hoping for some more experienced pilots to respond here.

Thanks guys..

Yep I rang them today, and they gave me all the relevant info on the Strip.

I think my instructor did just want me to make the call and get the info and be ready for the test...Im almost certain if i hadn't rung, that would've been a big slap on the wrist, or even a fail, so im glad i sorted it..Looks like a picturesque flight up there too..what with the mountains and eildon lake etc..

Im a bit nervous about this test, as it feels like if i pass then Im officially off the leash, and can do some real barnstorming (when ive the spare cash and time)..

Once again though..Im sure they wouldnt be testing me if they didn't think i was ready....Well thats what im going with anyway..

Cheers:thumb_up:

Guest Decca

Well done Simon. You are the Pilot In Command, and this is your Command Performance. You didn't need me to give you any hints!

I was just about to close with "good luck Simon", but you don't need luck!

Have a great XC!

Decca.024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif