Barossa Air Show

The Barossa Air show took place today and was a huge success. Here is a link to my photos and video's. Enjoy. Unfortunately my El Cheapo camera throw a fit with some sort of file error and this is all I could get.

Bass, where were you, couldn't find you anywhere.051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

Picasa Web Albums - Doug - Barossa Air Show

Guest basscheffers

Yeah, was a good show. Sorry I didn't get to meet you, Deskpilot! Which aircraft did you fly in on? Might have seen you. (It wasn't the Van's that landed downwind, touched down two thirds of the way down and went of the end, right?)

I spend most of the day hanging around on the flightline near the Yak-52 "Russian Bare" that our CFI did a display in. We had cold drinks and home baked cookies, you missed out!

It certainly was a very enjoyable day.

Next time (two years?) we'll have to get a proper stand to promote RA-Aus in SA. And instead of a display of five of the same freakin' aircraft (no offence, Jab owners!) we should have a fly past of many different types. Two years should be enough to get some hours up and get a formation endorsement! :D

I'll try and get my shots up tonight, mostly of the flying displays.

Didn't fly in Bass, niether did I see the Rans incident. Who was the idiot the came in, unannounced , no radio and then mucked up his landing and went round. Well, went somewhere as it was a good half hour before he came in again. Not sure what the aircraft was, a white, pusher, high wing type. A Quick Silver?

You prabably didn't see the Jabiru team go through their paces on the ground. Very nicely done, everthing sychronized from addressing their individual aircraft, walking out and turning them into a line astern set-up. Getting in, all starting together(except the 'mechanics') and taxiing as per the video. Fixing the dead plane was amusing for the kids, complete with throwing all the mag-top and plug leads away. The 'apparent' pilot kicking at the plane(and missing) and throwing his hands up in disppear. The smoke set-up was very impessive as well and it realy looked as though the engine was real sick. The kids nearby loved it. After the formation flight, they taxied in, again in formation and sychronized, then turn as one to face the crowds again. Doors were left open and children invited to go and sit in the planes. A job well done by the Recreational Pilots Academy of Murray Bridge. I'll be down there during the week to fly again, if the rain holds off.

Guest basscheffers

The Jab guys were good. I am sure the kids that could see it loved it - they should bring some big rock-concert-sized screens next time so everyone can see it all!

Guest Redair
The Jab guys were good. I am sure the kids that could see it loved it - they should bring some big rock-concert-sized screens next time so everyone can see it all!

Greetings each, well I saw the Jab "Mechanic" and I guess the guy didn't know much about Jabs.... I mean, he completely failed to notice that the control horns for those flappy bits on the ends of the wings were on upside down, (see picture) and the cables were coming out of the top of the wings!!!! (OK it's a joke before anyone bites my head off).

As for accidents... I didn't see any but this looks like a close call to me! Surely the chap landing must have seen the 701 in front of him?!! (see other pic) Near miss or what? But then he got down safely, (see last pic) Hi John!!!!002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

And as for the chap doing the verbals... well he was great wasn't he? And you know what? I went onto Bonhams website, (that's B-O-N-H-A-M-S) and tried to look up that "Submarine Spitfire" as he called it, but could only find a Supermarine one!!!!! By the way, it sold for £1,739,500. Not a bad price, now if only I could get hold of one of those Messchersmit 9's that he was on about.... I reckon that would have to be worth 10 times as much as the Spitfire!!!!!!

Sorry but that last bit will only make sense if you were there.

Regards, Redair.

IMG_0036a.jpg.2b43f4ee27f57ba2244197547bec568c.jpg

IMG_0036b.jpg.d78d63a5201ecf92319681db92e71563.jpg

IMG_0014a.jpg.fc8299f0a13fe0b3fd9b47b34cad03ee.jpg

IMG_0015a.jpg.0c8ef6bd5264094554ea30ee9a4b7064.jpg