My latest (small) project

Adrian Lewer

Hi all, just thought I would share with you what I have done to help my navigation. it prints out in A5 size so fits into the knee board quite nicely. as you all know my nav's have been a bit ordinary with organization and while I still arrive at my destinations I needed a little help.

I have not refined it as yet but all please leave some feed back as to what you would do to improve it.

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//img210.imageshack.us/img210/6054/cjt167.jpg[/img]

Hi Adrian..

Looks good!...

During my xc training, i was taught to do a mud map as a separate page, which is really just a rough outline of the trip i.e whatever lines i drew on the map, just roughly transpose and shrink onto the top third of an A4 piece if paper.I then put dots where all the airfields im going are with their Ctaf's, and also along the lines, roughly where i would change between different melbourne centre frequency's, and any overflies..This part of the Mud map is mainly for radio changes as you can see.

Then below that, i will write down the airfield name and height,the circuit height,runways,and ctaf.Pretty much along one line, and below i may put any procedures specific to that airfield..I also sometimes write down what height i need to be at as i turn on to final,and what height an overly will be..I find the less i need to be running over in my head on any approach the better, particularly at busy fields.

Overall it keeps things a bit simpler because all i need to do during a clearof is look briefly at the mudmap for any upcoming freq changes,enter the time's onto my log, and keep on flying.

I guess my thought was you could find a space on an A5 sheet for a small mudmap at the bottom..

Cheers:thumb_up:

Guest brentc

I would recommend using the standard CASA version as you may need to use this when completing your renewals etc because the instructor will be familiar with this format and can quickly check your workings, particularly too if you are contemplating going for your PPL.

what an absolute pisXer LOL. just had a look at the one you guy's recommended and mine looks like a copy. I have never seen one of them before and I created this one off the top of my head.... great minds think alike... ;)

going to add a little more to mine. I wanted something simple to follow. the front page of the GA one looks scary.

Guest brentc

I'm laughing to myself at you Adrian. Yours is near an exact copy of the Airservices Form that's been around for atleast the last 10 years :-) Even the layout is the same. Coincidence?