Hanger Space

Guest soul88

hey all

i need help locating hanger space in victoria. as close to melbourne as possible. i need the space for final construction and can't seem to find anything available.

has this been a problem in the past for anyone out there?

any help or leads would be appreciated.

cheers

john

I MAY be able to help you out with space in Ballarat.

I run a flying school frommy ownhangar and have other aircraft stored there so it would need to be compatable with this.

Give me a call on 0429 492989.

I also may be able to help you withspace at a proposed hangar at Bacchus Marshairfield (whichnow hasan RAA school).

Regards,

Roger

Ballarat is cheap by compared to Melbourne prices and has no landing fees or user charges.

The hangar rates I charge vary with size of aircraft, high wing or low wing, and how people wish to pay.

As a starting fiqure think ofABOUT $150 per calender month for a Jabiru. Others on the field are comparable - some are a little cheaper, some are a little more.

If you are thinking of moving to Ballarat give me call (especially if you are thinking of buying something - we may be able to be of mutual assistance).

Roger.

0429 492989

PS - I am happy to provide you with the numbers of the other hangar owners, the more RAAus action at Ballarat the better for us all!

Thanks so much i will give you a call in the near future.bmarsh sounds like a good alternative. been flying out of there for a long time. all the hangers seem to be taken up by gliders though.

cheers

john

You are correct about gliders filling up most of the hangars (they were there first!).

I am hoping that one of my students proceeds with his plans to build a hangar at Bacchus Marsh.

This will save me ferrying a plane from Ballarat to Bacchus Marsh (when I actually have bookings at Bacchus Marsh!), and hopefully start a small RAA community at Bacchus Marsh.

i would love to be able to have my own hanger at bmarsh great field. cant afford at the moment this plane that I'm building is costing me a fortune. another great field is penfield at sunbury. heaps of hangers their as well. not sure about availability though haven't inquired yet.

cheers

john

Planes and hangars all cost too much! Sunbury looks pretty attractive - close to Melbourne, big RAA presence, and the flying school there has been around for a long long time.

Shame about having controlled airspace very close by!

i hope i find someware once i'm ready to install wings and finishing otherwise i'm RS.

thats the only downfall with homebuilts.

Hangers, time off flying octa ect,ect.

sadly,

john

i fly over to point cook quite a bit. a lot of hanger space now due to major evictions over the past 12 months or so. i rang to inquire but they said they are not letting anymore hangers. for what reason i dont know.

they must have some hidden agenda.

cheers

john

Guest Fred Bear

Tyabb is around $150 a month if you have folding wings.

Tooradin is similary priced but has a 2 year waiting list with absolutely no hangars available at the moment.

Was discussing this this morning at my local field. It seems to be a problem everywhere. Some places like Tyabb require you to join the club too. Moorabbin (CTA) is $3,000 per annum plus $750 for the airport usage fee and mandatory insurance. Ouch!

How close to Melbourne do you want to be I know Holbrook has hanger space for around $60-$70 dollars per month might be a bit far away.

Let me know if I can help.Don

up to 1 hours drive out of melb is acceptable i suppose. the only problem is i require the hanger for work space as well as plane storage. which might be a hassle for most owners.

looks like i might have to build one if i cant get what i need. BMarsh and kyt have heaps of space for lot purchase not sure how much though.

thanks for all the feed back guys.

cheers

john

• 1 month later...