Brolga blade

Guest Ronny

Guest Ronny

Hi all out there.

I had a brolga propp with one blade totaly messed up, so now I wounder if there is eny one that has any blades laying in the hanger colecting dust and whant to get ridd off them ?

Regards Ronny

Guest Ronny

I have heard that but can I use just one off the new ones with the rest off my orgininal Brolga blades ?

I'd tend to think that replacing just 1 blade wouldn't work at all.

However, if it's the 4 bladed prop you're talking about, it might be possible to replace just 2 blades - the damaged one and the opposite one to maintain balance. But this does rely on the assumption that Brolga balanced opposing blades rather than all 4 as a unit.

Cheers,

Glen

Guest Ronny

Well it's the 4 bladed propp, I will try to weigh 2 off the good blades and see if they match as a pair..

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ronny

I damaged a blade beond repair on my brolga 4 blade prop and after looking around found that the guy from cumminns spinners took on all the old moulds ect and can make a replacement for you.i think you will find the initial weight of each blade is marked on the very inside edge of the blade probally somewhere around 700grams.

regards gary

• 8 months later...

Hi Ronny,

I recommend you contact the manufacturers to check their opinion of replacing a single blade, some manufacturers forbid it, as they are finely balanced and checked for identical pitch, most have batch numbers engraved on the hub end, you may detect vibration with an un matched blade, this can cause a catastrophic failure of engine then prop followed by wing, (not good).

How did the blade get messed up,? if it was due to any sort of a prop strike while the engine was running then strongly recommend you send engine off for crank shaft testing .

Cheers John