Trike Pilots have more fun

My first post to this site. Great to see a fraternity of flying people exchanging information.

I'm a Trike pilot flying the Airborne XT912 with Steak 3 wing, the first ever black model (no 73) made in 2005. Before that I had an Airborne 582 with Wizard wing purchased in 1999 as I was completing my trike flying training with Paul Haines. So this year marks my 10th flying anniversary!

Moruya airport is my flying base, though I live in Canberra and have a holiday beachhouse at Potato Point about 30 minutes from the airport. A big boohoo is directed at the local Eurobodalla council who charge the same hanagarage fees for a Trike taking half the space of a normal aircraft. Even after pointing it out they seem incapable of understanding the facts.

The south coast is a magnificent flying area, very little traffic, scenic sights over beaches, seascapes and mountains.

I'm very keen in semi-retirement to look for fly aways to trike friendly locations, particularly the NSW coast north of Newcastle.

Cheers

Gary The Flying Dutchman

Drifter Pilots even have More Fun!!

G'day Gary the Flying Dutchman, and Welcome to the best forum in the aviation world:thumb_up:

We all get along pretty well, surprisingly there is little fighting between the real pilots, and the ones that try to be and fly triangles!006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif

Enjoy, Fly Safely, and Have Fun:big_grin:

Guest Maj Millard

Unfortunatly a couple of our active trike pilots didn't really have a good day today. Whilst cruising along the beach one dropped his camera which proceeded to exit through the prop. He landed on the beach. Second trike decided to land and lend assistance, but ended up on his back.

Moral of the story as I see it...use a good wrist strap if handling a camera in a rear engined aircraft. And.....if you are going to land on a beach, pick your sand and make sure it's hard enough........................................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

G'day Gary the Flying Dutchman, and Welcome to the best forum in the aviation world:thumb_up:We all get along pretty well, surprisingly there is little fighting between the real pilots, and the ones that try to be and fly triangles!006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif

Enjoy, Fly Safely, and Have Fun:big_grin:

Steady tomo,

The old drifter could also be mistaken for a mis assembled trike:laugh:

The old drifter could also be mistaken for a mis assembled trike:laugh:

Only there a lot steadier on the body...006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Mind you, I need to go for a trike flight to fully comprehend what you guys feel... :big_grin:

Ouch! I'm a stickler for inspecting every passenger and making absolutely sure nothing is unrestrained, always have neck or wrist straps spares in my pilot bag. Props are too expensive and necessary for good blood pressure.

The Flying Dutchman