Newbie 3 Point Landing

gdutertre

Hi all. Been looking at Recreational Flying site for a while now. I have been (and still am I guess) a GA pilot for pleaseure for the last 20 years. I have been building a KR2 for over 10 (yes alot faster than most, I just can't help myself). That was very tongue in cheek. Having been frustrated in renting 172s, Warriors and Arrow (all big dollar) and going so slow on my own plane I just took advantage of the economic crisis and bought myself a plane! I am the new proud owner of a Skyfox. Yes a staright Skyfox taildragger and no taildragger endorsement. Let the fun begin. I can hardly wait. And by the way, you should see all the skyfox owners (and Gazelle owners as well) coming out of the woodwork now. It is great.

Anway, I am not much of a talker so that was my intro and I will do my best to add some benifit to these forums if I can. I am an old hat at computers but new to Internet forums so my appologies in advance if I do something stupid.

welcome gdutertre...so you bought yourself a Skyfox taildragger, by the way the guys at the skyfox factory nicknamed them Impalas when they started designing the gazelle. They are a lot of fun to fly (and land) Is yours rotax powered or an early one with the VW derived "airpower" engine...happy landings:wave:

Guest Decca

Hi gdutertre. :welcome:to these forums. It won't take long to catch on, by that time you may have found it addictive. Congratulations on your purchase, enjoy the endosement.

Regards, Decca.

Guest Decca

Ha! i wish I was the owner.

Yes, based at Ballarat Airport, the Aero Club owns the Gazelle which we lovingly call "Tweety", as she's yellow in colour, but also flew Ian's (Admin) blue Gazelle during instruction (which is ongoing at snails pace). So my so far 7hrs instruction has been on Skyfox Gazelle.

I'm not ashamed to admit I'll fly with anyone in anything & have become the club "groupie", ie the extra pair of eyes & ears for anyone getting their recent experience in the 172, 152, warrior or anything else.

Come and pick me up some day - I'll be the perfect (84kg) passenger!

Decca.

hey gdutertre, Good to see another KR builder close to home. How is it progressing? Mine is still in the shed but I hope to get started again by the end of the year. Do you have any pictures of yours? C:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5Cc961682%5CMy%20Documents%5Cpersonal%5CFlying%5CKR%5Cproject%5CSteveEdwards%20KR2S%5Ckr2%20modify%5Cspar%20skin%20foam%20006.jpg

Ive seen another one like that but not quite 10 years old. Not sure if it is on hole or has been sold, but the builder now flies a Grumman. I flew one once from the right seat, couldn't see the ASI and when the owner suggested a steep turn I discovered how quickly speed falls off. Nearly stalled it at about 60 degrees of bank.

Welcome to the forum.