Get together at Avalon or Natfly

Captain

Ian

Is there any merit in considering the potential of a "get-together" of Recreational Flying's Forum Members at either Avalon or Natfly in 2007.

It would be nice to put a Face or beer belly with an Avatar of people we have all corrsponded with thru this great forum of yours.

A couple of suggestions might possibly be that we all maybe park together as a group, or have an informalhamburger together one night or lunchtime, or maybe just get together over a Keg.

If there is some concensus here and if there is any work to be done to organise something, I'll put my hand up.

What do you reckon?

Regards Geoff

Geoff,

I would be in that for Natfly... Parking together would be probably the best idea, we will always be as a group that way representing ourselves and our aeroplanes for the forum..

I think thats a good idea....

Hi Capt - can I say that it is "in hand"

Over the last few weeks I have been organising a stand of 3mx3m Gazebo at Avalon where we can get together. The cost will end up being around $3,500 and will be under the name of Recreational Flying with flags etc. I will have my new CT there as a marker out the front of it and to offset the cost I am looking at having products from the shop there to sell. I am waiting on a reply from one of the shop's main suppliers as to supply of goods for it.

If I break even from the exercise I will be happy.

Things like a barby etc I will need to check the site conditions on that but that is a definite great idea. The site will be powered so I will have a PC with the web site displayed and a fridge for the drinks.

As for Narromine, the same type of thing is being considered - in fact I sent an email to Middo a few weeks ago and haven't heard back - thanks for reminding me, I will follow up on that.

Also looking at seeing whether the RA would like another trophy at Narromine - it could be the Recreational Flying (.com.au) and RAA's CEO Choice award for the person who has helped the RAA movement (non board member or paid employee) - most of the awards are for aircraft so this would be to the RA Member of the year like an instructor, club person, etc. I would provide enough trophies for say 10 years which should keep it going or perhaps 1 trophy with names added each year and 10 plaques.

Thoughts anyone?

That also sounds like a good Idea Ian, It encourages people to get involved and also recognises those great people who un-willingly gives their own time toward the flying community...

(And brings more pilots to the forum)

Ian,

I think all of the above are good ideas and I am hoping to attend both Avalon and Natfly. I would really enjoy meeting people from the forum.

we will almost certainly be camping at Lara again and an evening get together in the club there would be pretty easy to organise.

i am expecting to be working at narromine but at Avalon if you wanted "helpers" to man or assist at a stall (whilst you are hopefully really busy selling) I would be happy to assist

Peter

Guest David C

I think the proposals for Avalon and Narromine are very worthy . We have 520 forum members and growing all the time , a new website to celebrate , what better time to do it . Lets get together .....:)

All sounds good to me will be camping at Lara as well. Ian how about putting a patch or badge for hat or coat up for sale to identify the crew I for one would buy one?Might help cover the cost? Geoff

Good idea aboutsome form of identificationGeoff.

I'd buy whatever gets put forward for that.

All of the Geoff's must have been well endowed ......... with ideas. We're full of 'em ........ or is it "full of it"? I always get those 2 sayings mixed up.

Regards Geoff 2

I had a bad day at work, I presented a paper on implementing a proper full operational Project Management Office that will finally get projects done properly and it was accepted. I said afterwards,"ok, I've done my bit, can I go home now:confused:", but they turned around and asked me to implement it which will mean a huge workload for some time. PLUS, add to that the more important thing is that my Gazelle arrived up here the other day and I went up in it yesterday morning. IT WAS FAN BL**DY TASTIC - I remember saying to myself "this is what life is all about", so I want to spend a lot more time flying again as the boat with my new CT docks in Melb on the 13th Jan so it will be great to get a lot more flying in now.

It was 6:30am with absolutly perfect air, I climbed back into the gazelle and it all just felt so right. I had thought I hadn't flown it in about 6 months so I took an instructor with me to be on the safe side and after my first landing he said that he didn't even feel the wheels touch the runway - it was like riding a bike. Yet, to my horror when I got home and put the entry in my look book I suddenly found out that I hadn't flown the Gazelle in over a year, early Nov last year in fact. But that is going to change now!

Oops, sorry just realised I digressed a bit there. What say we have a small competition on designing a logo for the shirt, hat etc. The winner gets a free shirt. If you think that's ok then what say I start a thread on it and announce the winner at Xmas - your thoughts?

Oh, don't forget the new banner that says:

RECREATIONAL FLYING

"The Australian Home of Recreational Flying"

Guest Fred Bear

Kegs, meeting one another? Sounds like a great idea! Be good to put a face to the name or name to the face in some cases! I agree on some for of ID to ID one another. It's always good to meet other members after speaking 'virtually' for so long. Ian, I would love to see some merchandise off these forums. T-shirts, hats,polo shirts,magnets,stickers etc. As for the designs how about the recreational aviation forums logo? I think it's an attractive one. I'll play around and see what I come up with...

Well done Geoff....i will definately be at Natfly 2007. Natfly is the one event that not even my work can try to stop me from attending. Boss ( the one that pays me ) would not even consider making me work at such a sacred time.Natfly isa greatoportunity to get to know the ones that make the Forums tick.

Regards

Ed Ed Herring

I am waiting on the site plan from Avalon organisers which hope to get today some time so at this stage it still looks like a goer although as I said earlier I am waiting on confirmation from one of the shop's main suppliers.