Back from Bundy

Just landed back this morning after an early departure from what was an excellent weekend at the Wide Bay Int'l airshow. The locals got right behind it and between Jabiru's and GA they probably accounted for 70% of the fly -ins there. Wind played it's hand fairly firmly on Fri and Sat but was shaping up much better this morning.

Best display of the weekend must be tied between the thundering Trojan's and the moth's- especially as they managed to keep the tied bunting in tact between the trailing pair for the whole slot- awesome given the potholes in the air all day around the airfield. Most pilots got plenty of X-wind practice and credit to the organisers for switching preference to 25 for the light arrivals on Friday!:thumb_up:

Can't speak highly enough of the Jabiru Management and staff who made my pre- purchase visit the clincher and the " back to the nest" dinner was well worth attending as a newbie.

CASA:hittinghead: were fairly visible all weekend but not invasively so from what I saw, but as RAA grows, be certain their prescence will be increasingly noticable- part of the price we pay for increasing freedoms.

Most displays were consistant with the current front line offerings- but you might need an international off shore account to afford most of them! " as my mate commented" I can go to work and look at a screen that big all day_ I don't need it as well when I go flying!"006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Keen to hear any other feedback on the thread.

Ballpoint.

Guest Cloudsuck

I drove up on Friday and went on Saturday. All in all it was a good show with a lot of good aircraft. For me, I liked Ballbag doing his aeros in the pitts, the Mustang display, my mates L-39 jet which raced the V8 supercar and the Mig. Any of the fast, down low and aerobatic stuff was good. Static displays were great. Oh... and I got to catch up with Watto.

However, I think there was way too much formation work. Formation is fun for pilots but crap boreing for spectators. I soon got sick of seeing the same warbirds driving around and around and bloody around in formation. I know there there was great skill involved in the Tiger formation but there was not enough No-dose in all of Bundy to make me sit there and watch that.

In the past they have had much more variety, glider aerobatics and more aerobatic aircraft etc. Anyway, well worth the trip.

Got back this afternoon, after driving up with friends on Friday, attending Saturday, and coming home today. I have to agree with Cloudsuck, I couldnt put my finger on it before, but it was definately all the slow formation flying every 5 minutes that ruined it for me. I also thought that the sounds effects of bombings and gun fire in the warbird runs were extremely cheesy, and could have been done much better. The L-39 was definately a highlight, as was the mig, but even with those I was ready to leave in the early afternoon, having seen enough.

On a side note, did anyone else find that people in Bundaberg are extremely agro? Me and my group of friends must have gotten raged at about 6 times over the last 3 days, without doing anything to harm anyone else.

Cheers

Nathan

My parents were there...commented that it was not up to the previous show...did not question them too much on why but my dad said there was an more an over emphasis on Warbirds...