Jay

Jay

G'Day all

I,m an ex GA pilot who gave it away for 37 years ago for usual reasons of kids, mortgage, divorce etc, and have been flying recreational from YBUN for 3 years - no plane yet, my home Treasurer says I have to sell the boat first. Considered seriously the Sonnex for aerobatic capability , but in the end good sense prevailed and now considering an Aeropup for putting round the district , but what motor ?????- Jabiru 3.3 vs Rotax - and what about the Aerovee???

Guest mikek

Hi Jay, I just joined the site yesterday. I'm looking at a Sonex with the Jab 6 cyl, but a bit concerned about payload, range, dirt strip ability as I want to do moderate touring as well as fun laps. What were your conclusions on the Sonex? Re the Jab engines, I am in a group that owns two J430's, I am hugely impressed with the quality of manufacture, and we have had no problems at all with the engines. Very smooth, excellent motor. Of course the Rotax has a great reputation too, but I like the purity of thought with the Jab; no gearbox, radiator or hoses to go wrong, and a slow-revving torquey motor, plus the extra 20 HP . Happy hunting!

Hi Guys, 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif to the forums. The more the merrier. If you want to continue your discussion, could you move it to the correct forum please. Not having a go, but as you'll see, there's a bit of a discussion going on about side tracking and or being in the wrong forum. Better to hear it from me than a moderator:devil::devil::devil:

That's a bit harsh Doug. You make Ian and I sound like dragons.

I don't see a problem. Jay introduced himself and Mike responded with a welcome and some more about what Jay said. Seems fair.

The point about moving any further discussion into an appopriate forum is that it makes it easy for other people interested in the same subject to find the discussion and contribute - so Doug's right there. Not everyone has to read every post made on this site. Who has that much time?

Oh wait - I have to. :musicboohoo:

Guest mikek

Jeez, pinged on my first post. Then went out and got a $150 speeding fine, just not my day. Now happily corresponding in Sonex-space. Cheers.