Here's an interesting new LSA - Sadler Aircraft

Guest Brett Campany

Guest ozzie

I saw the mockup at Airventure last year. i posted a couple of photos of it in my Oshkosh report and had the chance to sit down for half an hour and chatted with them. Looks like a great 'next model' of the Vampire even tho it only ressembles the old one. i think that unfortunatly it will be pricey just like most of the LSA's these days. If you are going to Airventure call into their stand, they welcome Aussies.

A mate of mine had a early 1980's model single seat two stroke and it ended up being sold to a guy in Victoria. With all the time it has taken to develop it to the latest model, (two seats) hardly anything to write home about and there are much better aircraft being built out there 087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JimCovington
Pity it doesn't look as good in the flesh as the "artists impression" on the home page.regards

The artist's impression on the home page is a picture of the 2nd prototype, being unveiled at OSH this week. The fatter one was the first prototype, destroyed in a post-crash fire after the rotamax engine quit turning the prop. The 2nd prototype is Jab 3300 powered.

Guest JimCovington
How do they cool the engine? Nev

It's worth noting that the plane had not flown as 7/22/09 (but may have flown just before OSH.) They switched from NACA scoops with the RotaMax to armpit scoops under the wing for the Jab 3300. There is no guarantee that they've correctly engineered it. I also don't know of any successful cowled pusher Jabiru installation.

More details in "News" forum at The Sadler Vampire Site