Aerobatics

djpacro

Just to introduce myself as the new manager of the aerobatic sub-forums:

I started flying aerobatics forty years ago. Flown unlimited category competition aerobatics, solo displays & formation aerobatics. CASA delegate for low level aerobatic permissions.

I gave up my “day” job at the start of the year – I was an aeronautical engineer having worked on aircraft such as Jindivik, Nomad, F/A-18, F-111, Pitts, Airbus A380, Boeing 777, Eurofighter & Joint Strike Fighter. Worked on flight performance, handling qualities, flutter, structures and certification. Some Reg 35 work in my spare time on types like the CFM Shadow, KR-2 and Laser. A stint working at NASA's Spin Research Center.

These days I do a bit of engineering but mainly work as a casual flight instructor teaching aerobatics and doing instructor training. Mostly fly Decathlon, Citabria, Pitts & Airtourer plus the occasional Warrior and Jabiru.

You are all welcome at the aerobatic sub-forums – see you there!

Regards,

Dave

Dave,

What were the modifications you did with the KR-2. I am building one and any information I like to hear about. The only ones I know of for Australia were te rudder hinges. Were there more?

Dave,What were the modifications you did with the KR-2?

It was quite a long time ago and since overtaken by other developments and events. Before Experimental category. Some-one bought a project and discovered it was not per the approved drawings and the only viable option was continue and do the engineering substantiation. Couldn't lay my hands on the file quickly so from memory it had a longer fuselage, associated mods to the control system, different canopy, different landing gear & some fiddling to get the cg right. The owner seemed very happy with it when it flew.

this link has some aerobatic schools [/url]which I know also provide formation training. I'll send you a message with info on where I may fit in.Do you have another pilot to do it with? I could probably find some-one with an aeroplane compatible to yours.

Thanks Dave,

Yep these days the planes coming out differ in length, width, engine capacity, airfoil front and rear, landing gear and materials. Sometimes I do wonder if they should be called KR-2s at all. Having said that, I will do my plane as per all the well proven planes.

Still one of the best entry level palnes around.

G`Day Dave,

You`ve certainly impressed me with you`re experience,good on you.:thumb_up:

I`ve flown a CFM Shadow,great aircraft, also flown the Decathlon.

Cheers,and all the best,

Frank.